Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakokang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Adding name to title in California
    What are the process of adding names to a title in California? I would like to add my bofriends name to the title so he can refinance the property with his name only... any helpis greatly appreciated.
    cheesey greasy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
    How do you find who's name is on a deed
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Wll to find out whose name is on the deed, you look at your deed and see whose name is listed on it. And the original deed is on file at the county court house.

But I would have to ask, are you sure you want to add the boyfriend to the house, And are you taking your name off. But if he is going to finance the house, he can get merely apply for a loan as a buyer and then at closing have the new deed recorded.

But please read though all of the 100's of posts we get here about after a year or two, what happens if and when a relationshiop ends with a boyfriend on the deed, and then you can't get them off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding name to Car Title [ 6 Answers ]

Can I add my husbands name to my car title, or anyone else's name for that matter?

Adding name to title on house [ 5 Answers ]

What form do I need to add a name to title to a home

California divorce [ 6 Answers ]

I have been separated from my wife for about 4 or 5 years. We have a daughter together and have completely moved on with our lives. We get a long great but we simply have never gotten a divorce. I really need to get the process started now with my current relationship slowly moving that...

California [ 1 Answers ]

Contest Question 1 out of a hundred. I am having a lot of trouble with this one. Thanks for any help. A certain California drive-thru during its almost-90-year span of operation, before a snowstorm in the late sixties put it out of commission... What, where was it... I have tried tunnels,...

View more questions Search