Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tasmith2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Contribution margin ratio
    Im am trying to figure out how to compute contribution margin ratio. I found the sales mix percentage, but where do I go from there. You can use whatever numbers you want as long as you can give me a break down on how to compute the contribution margin ratio
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Sales 100
    Variable Costs (60)
    Contribution Margin 40
    Fixed Costs (10)
    Net Income 30

Contribution Margin = Sales – Variable Costs = 100-60 = 40
    Contribution Margin Ratio = (Sales – Variable Costs) / Sales = (100-60) / 100 = 40%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contribution Margin [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage of the contribution margin is profit on units sold in excess of the breakeven point?

Retirement plan contribution [ 7 Answers ]

I am in my companies retirement plan through American funds. When I first stared 1 1/2 years ago. After three months they started taking money out of my check to companies in there retirement plan. How do they have the right to take money out of my check without my consent? Is this legal? I...

Managerial accounting - contribuiton margin ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Mark Corporation produces two models of calculators. The Business model sells for 60, and the Math model sells for 40. The variable expenses are given below: Business Math ...

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search