Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pzucco3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 04:43 AM
    Inheritance tax in ga
    I am getting an inheritance from my cousin from Mass. I live in Ga. The total amount of the estate is roughly over $800,000. Of this I am getting around $50,000. I am wondering what kind of taxes I am looking at, both federal and state taxes. Can anyone help me.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
    There are no federal inheritance taxes, and also neither MA nor GA have an inheritance tax, so as an heir you don't need to worry about paying any taxes on this inheritance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

My sister who lived witrh her mother about 15 or less years so I am older son after mother died then leave to my sister house not me son is that right ? Because she paid a lot for upgrades etc.. She veput money into the house . Should be half to daughter and son ?

Inheritance (Inheritance ( how father share money in his life b/w their children) [ 0 Answers ]

My father is alive but his memory really weak, so us siblings have decided to gave our older sister the power of attorney, now we would like to sale the house and distribute the money. We are 3 brothers and five sisters our mother has passed away as well as our older brother, But we were wondering...

California inheritance law are children of incest entitled to inheritance ? [ 8 Answers ]

A man impregnates his daughter then unsuccessfully tries to kill his wife before committing suicide. The daughter has a child,and the wifecontinues the relationship which set off the event,and lives in the original house with the new husband.Other property owned by the deceased is presumably placed...

Inheritance law in US [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my question is: 2 brothers inheritated family farm from their parents in Oklahoma, US, one of the brothers has been looking after the farm for 10 years, the other one has never looked after the farm and been living out side of US for the last 6 years, so can he share half of the farm later? If...

Inheritance.from my dad [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 years old and my dad just died March 2007... My mom and my dad were never married he was married to his wife when I was conceived and he asked my mom not to put his name on the birth certificate so she didn't... so up until I was 15 he paid my mom $500 a month for child support in cash so his...

View more questions Search