Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyfas View Post
    ok so thursday morning was the last time i spoke with her. today she texts me back saying "hey stranger." I dont reply back until almost an hour later. She calls me and I tell her that i needed an important document that she has. she keeps insisting that she can't hand it over today. i get a little upset and give her attitude.. was i right to give her attitude? why does she think that its ok to not speak to me and later on resume as if nothing ever happened? how do i change that?
    There is something called snail mail. She can use it to send this document to you.

I hope you said only what needed to be said and didn't veer off into relationship stuff. Tell her she can text you as needed and you can respond as you need to.

Don't let her play games. Don't feed her need to do this.
    krazyfas Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There is something called snail mail. She can use it to send this document to you.

I hope you said only what needed to be said and didn't veer off into relationship stuff. Tell her she can text you as needed and you can respond as you need to.

Don't let her play games. Don't feed her need to do this.

I did only say what was needed. It almost sounded like she wanted to see me. I felt a little bad but I didn't give in to her.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
    I did only say what was needed. It almost sounded like she wanted to see me. I felt a little bad but I didn't give in to her.
    ***hugs and kisses*** Good job! Keep resisting. Take back your power.

Nov 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    ***hugs and kisses*** Good job! Keep resisting. Take back your power.
    SO yesterday after I sent the last post one of her friends spotted me at the mall. I was with a male friend but her friend said she had spotted me alone. Since I had argued with her that morning I think it lifted her curiosity. She calls me late at night like about 2am. She asks how I've been and why I'm being so cold with her. I told her that I didn't like the way she was treating me. She apologized for not contacting me and she wanted me to know that she wasn't avoiding me. After that she started to ask questions about who I was at the mall with and why I was there. Keep in mind that this is the same mall where I have the ring I was paying for to give to her.
    I just tell her that I was just browsing around. But she keeps insisting to know who I was there with all I told her was that I was there with a friend.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Now stop talking with her and answering her calls and texts.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
    How will that help anything?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
    Holy cow! This has gone on for 106 posts and you don't get it yet?

I don't mean to be rude but jeeze!

If you stop talking to her, stop answering her calls and stop responding to the texts you will stop perpetuating this vicious cycle.

Give it a break already and go complete NO CONTACT!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
    I changed my mind. This is so stupid, so adolescent. This sounds like a couple of junior high kids pretending they are in an adult relationship. You're both ridiculous, childish and stupid in this relationship. Seriously... "like, I was at a mall, and she texted, and I didn't because, snap, forget about her and then we talked and I don't have to answer for myself and she this and I that..." You do realize that grown people don't interact like this, right? You stop the gamesmanship, make arrangements for someone responsible (not sure if you know anyone like that from the way this is sounding) to watch your child, and you sit down and talk about what happened and where to go from here. You have two potential avenues - counseling (because neither of you are mature enough to resolve this without it and you both need to learn how to conduct yourselves as adults and parents). The ssecond avenue is divorce, in which case you still need counseling to learn how to live as adults and parents and work cooperatively together.

Making out with people at work, hanging out at the mall with no reason to be there, moving in and out of the house on a whim - it's all so assinine I can't imagine how to find a marriage among all this stupid childsplay.
    Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Dude, do you know the definition of insanity? "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results." (Albert Einstein).

Are you insaine? Think about it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 26, 2012, 09:15 AM
    I just noticed this thread rising again out of the ashes. I had high hopes for what Wondergirl was doing. But now I think this dude is a Troll with a capital T. He has a bet going with his buddies on how long he can string all of us (mostly women) along.

Nov 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I just noticed this thread rising again out of the ashes. I had high hopes for what Wondergirl was doing. But now I think this dude is a Troll with a capital T. He has a bet going with his buddies on how long he can string all of us (mostly women) along.
    I'm not a "Troll" I love this girl so much its almost impossible for me to complete the no contact. Im starting to think that I am insane. Im miserable without her and yet one text or phone call from her makes my heart skip a few beats. And yet she couldn't give two $h!t$ about me.

Joypulv: I think she was just playing with me to keep me around. Because I did nothing wrong and she just disappeared on me then tries to resume everything as if nothing had happened. It hurt me so deep down that I have been really rude to her and I don't answer her messages back.

We ARE 100% IMMATURE I accept that. I won't even argue that. I just wish that we could both just look at what a happy couple we were before all the problems started. But I know that that's not going to happen.

Next time I see her I'm going to let her know that I'm done playing her games and that I would appreciate it if she would only contact me when it has something to do with my son.

I haven't worked up the strength nor the courage to ask for the divorce but that's my next step :'(
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:11 AM
    You need professional help. More than this site can provide you.

Nov 27, 2012, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You need professional help. More than this site can provide you.
    I have considered it but its not in my budget. Talking about it here has really helped with my anxiety and I feel more in control of my emotions. Sometimes I wake up and still don't believe it like I'm in denial that it just never happened or something.
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:30 AM
    I am going to be brutally honest with you.

This is bordering on insanity. There are now 113 posts and you haven't listened to a word we said.

Many of us here now feel like you are wasting our time because you haven't followed a bit of our advice. We are getting tired of helping you because you just ignore what we say.

You continue to do the same thing ad nauseum and it's getting annoying.

You either take our advice, or you don't. It's up to you. If you choose to take our advice, GrEAT! If you choose not to take our advice, it's really not necessary to come back here and tell us how you have messed up yet again. So far, you don't have a good track record.

How old are the 2 of you? I know of many 16 year olds who are more mature and responsible than the two of you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:31 AM
    I have considered it but its not in my budget.
    Oh, yes, it is!! Call your county's human resources department, Catholic Charities, or Lutheran Social Services to connect with a low-cost/sliding-scale counselor. Many private agencies will counsel on a sliding scale, and many ministers/priests also do private counseling for free (maybe will ask for a donation to their church, and you don't have to join it AND you won't get preached to). I know all this because I am a professional counselor AND a preacher's kid. And, since I am also a retired librarian, I know you can call/visit your library's reference department for contact names and phone numbers for any of the above.

So you have no excuse not to get help. Stop wimping out!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:36 AM
    Hey, J_9, we have said everything that needs to be said. Time to close this thread?
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
    Yes, time to close this thread. If the OP is not willing to help himself, there is nothing left for us to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about the way I feel. [ 3 Answers ]

:( I was in a messed up relationship since 2 years. We had a lot of problems then and I was never happy. We continuously fought about him not being able to meet me, him talking to his ex, not calling at all, etc. Lets say his name is A. After sometime (8 months), my ex came back to me. He...

Very confused about what to feel [ 8 Answers ]

This is really puzzling me... At the moment I'm feeling abit insecure about my looks, weight etc.. And I told my husband and I got nothing out of him.. he didn't try make me feel better.. So I told him that he sucks at this and he sort of agreed.. what is wrong with him?! Also before hand I...

He says he is gay I feel he is confused [ 2 Answers ]

Thank u for your time.. 2 years ago I met this boy and it was instant connection everything was perfect I was 16 and he was 17 I loved everything about this kid and he assured me he loved me every day but all good things come to an end we broke up because he got tired of sneaking around since I...

Very confused how to feel about an ex [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had dated for just over 3 1/2 years before we spilt. The first 3 years were fantastic as we never really argued at all and we both honestly thought that this was it, we were very close as we became close friends for almost a year before we dated. We meet at uni and were going...

I just feel confused [ 2 Answers ]

I have read the posting rules. According to those, it's OK to disagree with someone as long as you politely explain why. Yet there seems to be a train of thought on this site that says "common courtesy would dictate...(nothing but shiney politeness in public)" If I don't know what the traditions of...

View more questions Search