Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samduke23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Itching after bath
    After bath I have severe itching in my upper body(chest and back) .It last for 5-10 minutes and happens only after bath.I have consulted few doctor to no avail.I have tried Lorinol ,crotarax cream and okacet.I have used all kinds of soap and water for bathing.Is there a solution for my problem?
    sbkenn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Silkox base applied immediately after the bath, or a little baby oil in the bath. I have very dry skin, which itches. Usually, I don't use soap in the shower except the sweaty bits. I just get a good soak, then rub myself vigorously to get dead skin off. Also, due to circumstances, I don't shower more than once a week. My skin is better for it.
    jeanharms Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Hello, it can be the soap that you are using. Or the water must be not clean enough, and when you get out of the bath you should apply cream.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
    It very well could be that the soap is drying out your skin too much.

Try a lotion after the bath, to re-moisturize your skin.
    xIrishGirlx Posts: 62, Reputation: -1

Nov 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
    As previously mentioned, this is usually caused by dry skin. You should exfoliate in the shower to remove the dead skin and moisturize after you bathe. Also, the chlorine content in my water is quite high and I tend to get itchy/breakout into a mild rash. Both should be considered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New plumbing from beginning to end 1 bath 1 kitchen house... May add 2nd bath [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Mr. Tom, I'm rehabbing a house from beginning to end. Everything is gutted out walls, plumbing and all.. I have a Stink stack and just cold water lines ran. How and where do I begin on running all new plumbing for my house.. Approx how hard would it be and what would it cost? I consider...

Hot tap in bath does not work and fitment blew off cold water pipe under bath. [ 16 Answers ]

How often do water pipes under bath need to be thoroughly serviced? First, hot tap bath had no water; this was fixed and then days later fitment blew off the cold water pipe, again under the bath. What could be the connection between these two incidents?

Black water pipe underneath bath tub, is that connected to bath? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm taking apart my bath tub I guess its fiberglass I'm cutting it in pieces because I don't know any other to do it, but I saw that it has a black drainage pipe right in the middle of the tub underneath. Is that connected some how and can I cut around it or do I have to disconnect it from the...

Adding bath drain in concrete for existing half bath [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

View more questions Search