Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisax31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 03:50 AM
    Discharged bankrupt: can I be a signatory on a student council bank account?
    I was discharged from bankruptcy in November 2011. I understand that I cannot get credit easily, if at all and after what I've been through, that's fine with me!

I have just started at a Bible College and am now in the Student Council. Student Council receive funds from the students to go towards funds to pay for things such as socials etc. There is a Treasurer who looks after the bank account and gives the nod to what can and can't be spent.

On the bank account, there need to be 3 signatories to keep a paper trail and be accountable. Firstly I have been asked to be a signatory on this account, alongside 2 others. I can't find any info online as to whether I am legally able to sign cheques on this account. It's not my own bank account so I'm assuming that I should be OK? But I do want to check as don't want to contravene the restrictions on a discharged bankrupt.

I have told the Chair of Student Council that I am a discharged bankrupt and he has no issues personally with me being a signatory or being the interim Treasurer when the actual Treasurer is away on placement. I believe I've paid for my mistakes and have no guilt over it but I want to make sure what I'm doing is legal - after all I am in a Bible College! Does anyone know if being a signatory on this account is OK or not please?

Check out some similar questions!

Discharged bankrupt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know who I contact to ensure that my discharge from bankruptcy 2 years ago is registered on my credit history. Thanks Lesley

There are 18 girl and 12 boys on student council. If two student council member are s [ 6 Answers ]

there are 18 girl and 12 boys on student council. If two student council member are selected at random, what is the probability that the first member is a boy and the second member is a boy?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.