Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 07:35 AM
    BBC and the global warming threat
    How many BBC news articles have there been in the past five years on global warming that present it as a legitimate threat to the earth as opposed to the articles that present it as a hoax?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 13, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Well why not try looking at the BBC site as you'll get a better understanding of what is involved.
    The site even has its own built in search engine.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I don't know but I just saw this great film that I'm pretty sure was funded by the BBC called the Great Swindle. Thank God for the internet because that kind of stuff is not allowed in the United States.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Well I don't think anyone has an issue that there is global warming ( even far right wing people like me) It is just an issue of who or what is the cause.

And an issue of can anyone really do anything about it. Even if Europe and the US stop and go back to the horse and buggy days, that does not stop China, or Russia or Africa from still using what ever they want. And what it also does is make even worst the balance of trade, since those nations already make things cheaper than we do, with more restrictions it will go even worst.

And there are many who believe this could well be just a act of nature, where the planet is changing on its own. Remember the ice age and the ice age going away, oceans where deserts are now and things like that.
    And that I believe I have read that the sun itself it getting hotter

And of course it was many of the same sources that 20 years ago warned us all that global cooling was going to happen in the next 100 years causing a new ice age.

So it is the cause of the problem that is the real issue, and one that even if it was determined most likely can not be fixed because of no central control of the entire earth political and economic system.

Is the US going to ban any goods from China because they don't use pollution control?? We won't even ban goods because of human rights violation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Warming Mat in Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking at putting in a warming mat in the floor of my bathroom when I remodel. I've looked specifically into the SunTouch floor warming Mats and have a general electrical question. The mats require you purchase a thermostat (70 bucks nonprogrammable one or 175 for the programmable one). ...

Mazda B-2600 stalls out after warming up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Mazda B-2600 pickup that starts up and runs good until it is warmed up, but then it will stall out and either not start back up or run so rough that it is not driveable. Once it cools down, it starts and runs normally again until it gets up to normal temperature.:confused: Also,...

Oil Furnace not warming house [ 12 Answers ]

Our oil furnace doesn't give us much heat in our bedrooms which are on the end of our home. We removed a wall in our kitchen a few years ago and it's very uncomfortable now. Our Home is 1354 Sq. Ft. and we think it should be warmer than it is. Any suggestions?

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search