Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 09:12 PM
    Skip 7th or 8th?
    I am in 7th grade and just transferred to public from private school... I have straight A's and do not feel challenged in most classes. I am 13 because of November birthday and almost all my friends are in 8th grade. How can I skip to freshman year, or skip the second semester of 7th grade? Or where can I get tested for it? I recently took cogat testing and did not pass for AIG, which wouldn't have made a difference in my work anyway... Oh and I am in advanced classes.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 09:57 PM
    First of all, just because almost all of your friends are in 8th grade isn't a reason to skip a grade. Second, you will need to speak to your counselor. What were you state test scores last year? Cogat is a cognitive test for reasoning skills. It doesn't test specific academic subject areas. Those scores, along with your grades, will determine whether you have any chance to skip ahead. Most importantly, how do your parents feel about this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade? [ 12 Answers ]

I am enthusiastic about attaining new knowledge in school, but my schools acceleration rate is too slow for me. For example, I can not pay attention in class but still get acceptable, even exceptional grades. On my report cards I have always made high honors (at my school this is making through a...

How can I skip a grade [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade I got held back in the 1st grade and I wanted to know what summer stuff I can take to get to my right grade?

How do you skip a period [ 0 Answers ]

After being a day late with 2 birth control pills in a month, spotting has occurred 3 days early. Is there a way to prevent the period from coming once spotting has started? Would continuing the rest of the pack help stop the period from occurring?

Skip kinder [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My Daughter will be 6 in jan I was just wondering can she go to 1st grade she knows 1 to 20 counting in words,colors name in words ,days of week in words ,vowels and 3 letters word she can read 3 letters ,addition ,subtraction Now she is going to kinder this fall

View more questions Search