Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogelio1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 08:26 PM
    I'm unemployed and I want to buy a house with my 401k
    I'm a home owner at the moment in I got fired from my job. And I'm thinking about cashingout my 401k and I want to use it on a new house that I can afford cash with no note to chase me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 08:50 PM
    I say no, don't do it. Keep that 401(k) intact. You will cry tears of joy someday that you did and had overcome your impulse for instant gratification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes - 401k early withdraw penalty - unemployed premiums [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for reading... I am unemployed and using a portion of a 401k early withdraw to pay for health insurance? What are the limits involved? I took the withdraw in 2010 but I have been paying out of pocket for health care coverage since July of 2009 up until today.

Unemployed & early withdrawel of 401k penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me what the tax penalty would be for early withdrawel of 401k. The 20% federal tax has already been taken out and 4% VA state tax. What could the IRS early withdrawel penalty be? Would it still be another 10%? Thanks, DarlaLynn: Eek:

Early 401K withdrawal penalties, if unemployed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 31 years old, and my wife is 7 months pregnant. I have money in my 401k and I heard through one of your questions/answers that if you are unemployed, and paying insurance premiums, that you will not be taxed on this money? I have not received my unemployment check yet, and I am going to...

Tax penalty to take 401k to pay off house [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Is there a tax penalty if you take 1/3 of your 401k to pay off your home loan?

Unemployed with a 401K [ 1 Answers ]

I just became unemployed yesterday and have a 401k with $16K. I have a loan of 2K, and don't have 2K to pay off the loan. What I want to do is rollover 10K to an IRA and take 6k pay the loan and keep the rest :D . IS there a special OMG you lost your job excuse when I file my taxes :eek: . Or...

View more questions Search