Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HamblyDad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Cold water has low pressure in basement shower
    One of my basement showers has very low pressure. Another shower in the same room and the sink are fine. The pressure was fine two years ago and then dropped after the city did some work in the area. It fixed itself after a month. The problem re-appeared again about a month ago.

I've tried bleeding the entire system but have had to success.

Welcome any ideas...
    rusty50 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 11:32 PM
    I would check the shower hose or head for a screen and see if it is clear. If not clean or replace the screen(s).
    HamblyDad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty50 View Post
    I would check the shower hose or head for a screen and see if it is clear. If not clean or replace the screen(s).
    The shower head is off. Hot pressure it great. Cold pressure is almost non-existent.
    rusty50 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HamblyDad View Post
    The shower head is off. Hot pressure it great. Cold pressure is almost non-existent.
    From what I have read on this site about the same problems that you are having, it appears that you may have a clogged line on the cold water line and it could be at or near the faucet. Close your main and open both faucets. Remove the cartridge or valve stem and you will likely find debris. Not sure how to remove, try to give a model/brand and maybe one of the experts here can walk you through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fix low cold water pressure shower [ 2 Answers ]

My shower's cold water pressure is low, but hot water is fine. Can you help me to fix it? Thank you very much

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

How fix low cold water pressure in shower? [ 1 Answers ]

The hot water pressure is fine in both showers. The cold water pressure is fine in one shower, but in the other, the amount of cold water has gradually gotten to be less and less. Now it is barely a trickle. My plumber says he would have to tear out a wall to fix it. Is there any other solution?

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot Water works Great.Shower [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a fairly old house. In my downstairs shower I get great hot water pressure, but no cold water pressure. I have two handles, one for cold and hot. Any suggestions on how I might fix the problem? House gets water from the city. Not sure on the make/brand of the faucets but they are...

Low Cold Water Pressure in Basement [ 3 Answers ]

My house is about 10 years old. When we bought the house the basement had already been fully finished. The problem is I only can get hot water out of the fixtures - the cold water trickles out - barely. The water pressure in the rest of the house works great - so I am confused as to what is going...

View more questions Search