Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marlenearendse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Dog weeing in home
    My Jack Russell is 5 years old and we have had him since a pup. He was perfectly house trained at just a few months old. About 3 months ago he started weeing everywhere in the house - he will wee against the beds, against clothes hanging in the wardrobe, he will just about pee against anything. He started taking seizure medication about 3 months ago and this is about when this problem started. He has always been an inside dog but we are at a loss with this problem. When we are home we leave the doors open all the time - he will come inside - look at us and lift his leg to wee - knowing full well that he will be put outside and growled at. Can you please help? We are desperate!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Seizure medication has tons of side effects. More frequent urination is one of them.

Are you taking him out more often to compensate for his need to urinate more often?
    marlenearendse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Seizure medication has tons of side effects. More frequent urination is one of them.

Are you taking him out more often to compensate for his need to urinate more often?
    Yes we are - that is why we have the doors open all the time when we are home and that when he comes back inside - looks at us and lifts his leg to wee.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marlenearendse View Post
    Yes we are - that is why we have the doors open all the time when we are home and that when he comes back inside - looks at us and lifts his leg to wee.
    When he has an accident inside what do you do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog weeing in the house? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a little pomeranian cross and she is about 11 months old now and she has started peeing on my bed and sofa. As you probably quessed this is a big problem. She never used to do this, she isn't 100% toilet trained but we have been training her to use puppy training pads or to go out side but...

Weeing and pooing in house [ 1 Answers ]

How do I train a 10 month old puppy to stop toileting in the house Acsses to garden at all times as the door remains open from early morning until late at night She had been kept shut up in a flat most of the time and cage also

37 weeks pregnant with dog weeing on me [ 1 Answers ]

I am 37 weeks pregnant my dog weed on me today when I was sleeping is this normal or is there something else I should be looking at

My dog keeps weeing. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My dog Chucky is great and during the day will always ask to go out for his business. However he has recently started to go during the night. I've sought advice and have followed it by taking away his water an hour before he goes to bed and although that worked for a few nights, he's...

View more questions Search