Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Tips for selling my car.
    Hi.

I'm trying to sell my car. I have had it up for sale for about three weeks, and have only had two offers. The first offer was not enough money, and by the time I decided to accept the second offer, they had already bought another car.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some sales tips? I have someone else coming to look at it in the afternoon, and it is getting to the point where I need to get rid of it, as it is taking up space that is needed.

Nov 9, 2012, 03:39 PM
    I should add that I checked the price for it on Redbook, and it's value is between $2,900 and $4,500, and I am trying to sell it for $3,200.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Make sure it is priced fairly for your locality. Make sure it is clean. Make sure that anything wrong with it is either fixed or you address it with potential buyers. Be friendly and polite.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Also you could have sold it, if you had accepted the offer with within one minute of getting the offer. You can not wait hours to decide on a offer, it is a yes or no when offer is made.

Next expect it to take even a couple of months esp getting into winter, which is a slower car buying time.

Next how are you advertising it ? Have you taken it and had a professional detail done

Nov 9, 2012, 04:49 PM
    The car is running perfectly, and it has full service history with the invoices to prove it.

I wish I did sell it when I got that offer, but that opportunity is gone. I'm actually in Australia, so it is getting into summer, not winter...

I have advertised it on Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au, and www.gumtree.com.au, and I have also had it sitting out the front of my house with a big "For Sale" sign on it with my phone number. I live on a main road, so there are a lot of people who would see it every day.

My husband's friends own a car wash that is close by, so I took the car to them to get it washed and detailed. As luck would have it, it rained the very next day, and the car is dirty again from all the dust on the main road, so I will have to wash it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If selling old coins, should I clean them before selling? [ 1 Answers ]

I have several old coins from 1881 Indian Head Cents to 1902 Barber coins. I also have a coin (I think it is a dime) with a big "V" and a wreath on the back It is dated 1900. What is this coin?

Lightening dyed hair tips (tips are almost black) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have medium auburn hair naturally. I dyed my hair a dark auburn but there is a section of my hair where the tips (two inches from root to tip) is almost black. I want to lighten these tips. Would using Peroxide Volume 20 mixed with shampoo do this?

Selling for less it's value, how much tax will I have to Pay? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida, home is in NC. The tax value and the price I got for the house is about half. The condition of home was in bad shape and I could never afford to fix up. I wondering how much tax I will owe on the sale of the house?

Runescape selling tips quests and stuff [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry 4 not putting commas. But I think that what we need is a type of runescape selling forum. Correct me if I'm wrong. You've been scammed by someone by him selling you a piece of garbage for a great amount of money or something like that? Well it happened to me. And a word of advice. Those...

View more questions Search