Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Insane_Gorgeous Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I made a huge mistake?
    This is a kind of a long question but I need your advice. So basically in gym I saw this girl who had a short haircut in the shape of a mohawk wearing boys close. So I asked my friend if the girl was a lesbian. So she hears me and yells at me and says how she's not a lesbian and that she cut her hair to donate to cancer and that she did it for her grandma. Ouch! Right? So she goes and tells her friends what I say because by now she's sooo offended and they tell me how it was wrong and basically saying that I'm offending gay people and I'm just standing there like "Wow I asked a simple question, she dresses and acts like a guy, what do you want me to say?" Here's the good part, little do they know I actually have a small girl crush on their other friend who wasn't in gym at the time. I wasn't going to tell them that cause it's none of their business to know but I soon regretted it because they told her what I said. Now my crush is mad at me and thinks that I'm a butthole but basically my question is how do I apologize and let her know that I didn't mean to offend anybody? Also the girls that told me off took my words and blew them out of proportion so now it sounds worse than it actually is. I hope you can understand this, I was trying to get it all down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Why did it matter if she was a lesbian, if you are not or if you did not want to date her.

Why did you find it required to ask about her sexual preference.

Do you go ask other girls if they are straight ? Do you go up and ask other girls if they are having sex.

Yes the question was in poor taste and now you will just suffer the result of being foolish in public.

If you just had to know, you ask someone in private. Although I have no idea why you made it your business to ask in the first place
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
    You go up to her and apologize and leave it at that. That's about all you can do.

Nov 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Didn't I just say I asked my friend and the girl so happened to hear? Your acting like I wanted to hurt her feelings or something. Why do you think I asked my friend?

Nov 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You go up to her and apologize and leave it at that. That's about all you can do.
    You mean to the girl I like? Yeah I'm going to and I already apologized to the other girl. Thanks :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 10, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I made a huge mistake, I cheated on my girlfriend and I hurt her. [ 15 Answers ]

As stated before I messed up horribly. I just graduated from High school but not long before that my girlfriend dumped me after 13 months and 24 days together because she found out I cheated on her 6 months ago. What happened was I dated her for awhile and she was so damn near perfect to me. She...

Did I make a huge mistake? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, We just bought a 2 family townhouse in Brooklyn. The house was built in 1930 but we were told the plumbing was all new. We added a washer and dryer into the main house and had an issue with the first drain pipe we tried to attach it two. Since we couldn't get it to drain...

Did I make a huge mistake [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first question so I hope this works. Ok well I am wondering if there is a possibility that I am pregnant and if so what is the likelihood that I am. Ok the facts are I had sex on Friday the 28th of this month I have been on the pill (alesse) but missed two pills on Friday the 13th and...

HUGE Mistake [ 6 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy for a while and recently I told him that I think we should just be friends. We had only gone on one date. Now I want to to go back out with him. I called him to tell him this. He said he was busy and he was going to call me back. This was over a week ago. Should I call him...

Made a huge mistake - Now need to talk [ 55 Answers ]

I've made a big mistake, most of you know my story so I won't bore you with it again. Here is a link to it though if you want background: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/relationship-breakup-help-39548.html You are probably going to ask, "why the hell did you do this?" and I...

View more questions Search