Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SamTheTwit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Why don't I do what I want?
    There are so many things l would love to do and achieve, but on my days off I just piss around trying to make the day end faster instead of doing anything productive. This has been happening for years and I'm sick of wasting my life. I have been trying to figure out why this is but have found little to help, which is why I and writing this.
    To answer the basic questions I have found on forums, I am a healthy male of 20 years with no worries who doesn't smoke or do drugs and drinks maybe every fortnight. However some have told me it could be a form of depression.
    I have obtained all the material to help me get started but I don't touch it.

If anyone could help me I would owe them big.
    Thanks for reading.
    8track Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2012, 02:22 PM
    I'm kind of similar.

What helps me is to start the day with a small list of goals for the day. If I can't write it down it rarely gets done. But if I start the day with a list it can become contagious to get more done.

On depressed days, just try to get one or two things on the list done. Do it, but acknowlege that you'll do it slower. Be gentle with yourself but find a way to reward the accomplishments.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Heck, try being retired when every day is totally empty. The fun part is to find ways to fill it up and keep it exciting and interesting!

How about finding a volunteer position, maybe two hours or so a week, at a library or hospital or nursing home or animal shelter. They definitely need you and your spark of life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search