Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddkumar45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Income tax on LLC doing business out of state only
    Hello,

I have an LLC registered in NJ. This LLC will be registered in PA as a foreign LLC. The only operations for this business will occur in PA via a store selling taxable goods.

Do I pay income tax for this LLC in NJ or PA, or both?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Both, unless the states gave a reciprocity agreement.

You will claim a credit on your NJ return for the income taxes paid to PA.
    ddkumar45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    Both, unless the states gave a reciprocity agreement.

You will claim a credit on your NJ return for the income taxes paid to PA.
    Thank you.. How does this credit work? Will the credit be equal to the amount I paid in taxes to PA? I want to avoid double taxation.
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Is the LLC taxed as a corporation, a partnership, or a disregarded entity? If taxed as a disregarded entity, which state do you live in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia State Income tax on interest income earned and received in a Foreign country [ 1 Answers ]

I have two questions related to the above: 1. Do I have to pay Georgia State tax on the interest income earned and received abroad ? 2.Can I claim credit for taxes paid overseas on this interest income?

Employer in Nebraska wants to collect income tax but I live in state w/out income tax [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, new employer whose office is based in Nebraska. I do not live or work in Nebraska. This is a fed gov't agency. They tell me they will collect Nebraska states income tax from my pay. How can they do that? I do spend about 3 weeks a year at the office in Nebraska, staying in a motel while...

Federal corporate income tax treatment on state income tax return [ 0 Answers ]

I know that federal corporation tax is deductible on state corporate tax returns but not on federal corporate returns, but is it deductible on state corporate returns? You may generalize your answer or you may limit it to Florida Form F-1120 if you like. I have been told that it can but I can't...

Determine the amount active business income eligible for the small business deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Problem You, a tax professional working at a local accounting firm, have just received a request from Terry, an assurance partner in the office, asking you to prepare a memorandum to one of his client tax files. He would like you to determine the amount of active business income eligible for the...

Paying ga. State income taxes on income earned in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I earned money working in Texas, which does not have a state income tax, however I discovered when I filed my taxes I was being assesed taxes on income I did not earn in Georgia, I don't know the law, but I feel this is unfair.

View more questions Search