Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Hello again, tom:
    What I am in favor of is taking pot out of the narcotics class.
    I got it... If you LIKE something, and they BAN it, the state is a NANNY.. But, if you DON'T like something, and the state BANS it, you're a concerned citizen.

I understand.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You let people drink until they get caught or kill somebody, so make it the same for pot. And no prescription needed.
    I believe there should be controlled substances. But they should be able to be gotten freely. The thinking behind that is that there is some control of the system. And if a user seems to be abusing a drug then they can have access to help. With a sript, information and help can be given. I dont care if it is for recreational use. But I do like the assurance of a clean product rather then the crap that some are pushing on others today.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:
    I got it... If you LIKE something, and they BAN it, the state is a NANNY.. But, if you DON'T like something, and the state BANS it, you're a concerned citizen.

I understand.

excon
    if a soda or salt is consumed it may or may not hurt the person consuming it. If someone gets in an accident high on pot ,they are putting others at risk.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
    By Cdad,
    I believe there should be controlled substances. But they should be able to be gotten freely. The thinking behind that is that there is some control of the system. And if a user seems to be abusing a drug then they can have access to help. With a sript, information and help can be given. I dont care if it is for recreational use. But I do like the assurance of a clean product rather then the crap that some are pushing on others today.
    I can agree with regulating pot like alcohol for now but getting scripts for recreational use of medicines for health conditions may be a stretch for a doctor, but I favor help by those who have a problem over jail.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    if a soda or salt is consumed it may or may not hurt the person consuming it. If someone gets in an accident high on pot ,they are putting others at risk.
    Drinkers do that all the time since they invented cars. Why is pot more dangerous than Jack Daniels?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I can agree with regulating pot like alcohol for now but getting scripts for recreational use of medicines for health conditions may be a stretch for a doctor, but I favor help by those who have a problem over jail.

Drinkers do that all the time since they invented cars. Why is pot more dangerous than Jack Daniels?
    there are plenty of restrictive laws regarding alcohol..
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:02 PM
    Yes Tom most of them disregarded by many

Given the obesity epidemic and the drug epidemic it is clear that society must be made aware of the dangers of certain substances and consumption must be restricted to minimise the impact on state provided health services as well as maintaining the common good..

There are those who think this impinges on their personal liberty and having no interest in the common good oppose such measures.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Hello again, tom:
    If someone gets in an accident high on pot ,they are putting others at risk.
    You're the only one talking about driving... I'm talking about sittin in your living room. But, even so, should the rights of responsible people be denied because a FEW might abuse them???

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:38 PM
    that word is not might but DO
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Hello again, clete:

Let's say 10% do. Let's say 20% do. Should the rest of the law abiding people be denied the ability to smoke pot?

Look. I KNOW you're a committed drug warrior, so I don't expect any of my very sensible arguments to sway you. Do you drink, clete?

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:32 PM
    let me put it this way Ex I would have been a lot better off if an uncle hadn't introduced me to alcohol in early life and if my mother hadn't died from the effects of an alcohol addiction. Yes Ex I drink in moderation and forty years ago I smoked, free of that addiction, thank God. I have seen and experienced what drug addiction did to my son, ruined his life so I am against dangerous drugs being readily available and in favour of all drugs of addiction being closely controlled with the intention of phasing out their use

Should pot be legalised? No.
    Should Tobacco be banned? Yes
    Should the sale of alcohol be restricted? Yes

Should the possession of these substances be criminalised? No
    Should the sale of illicit substances be criminalised? Yes
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Hello clete:

Your personal story aside, you DON'T understand marijuana.

I'm NOT gonna try to convince you here of your errors, because you're a COMMITTED DRUG WARRIOR and you've got your mind made up.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2013, 09:29 AM
    Look.. I KNOW you don't like me calling you on this, and you TRY to make it different.. But, it's NOT.. You COMPLAIN about bloomberg banning soda, but you're FINE with the government banning pot - FOR EXACTLY THE SAME REASON... It's not GOOD for you
    If that were my position you'd have a point. So, as I was saying, calling us hypocrites for positions you assign to us is a pretty shameful game of gotcha.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 09:34 AM
    There you go again, making it personal to play victim. I don't think he meant JUST you.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Playing the victim is for liberals, just like refusing to discuss it honestly.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2023, 11:39 AM
    step aside Nanny Bloomy there is a new Nanny in town
    NYC Mayor Eric Adams wants residents to 'voluntarily " tell the city what food they purchase. This way the city can evaluate if your diet is carbon friendly .

Plant Powered Carbon Challenge - Food Policy (nyc.gov)

The goal of this project is getting the people of the city to “commit to decarbonizing food purchases 25%” by the year 2030.

This one has Nanny Bloomy's soda ban and salt shaker bans beat . Of course with the abundance of cockroaches to consume in the city ; the city diet should be carbon free in no time ,
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 12:33 PM
    Amazing how people can so voluntarily just give up their freedom.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 25, 2023, 01:48 PM
    That's an impressive necropost, tomder ;)
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2023, 03:27 PM
    I could've created a new posting for the viewing of 2 or 3 participants . But then I would've linked to this one for context anyway .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Looking for a former Nanny. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I've seen others put up stuff about finding people so I thought I'd give it a wack. Between the years of 1997-1999 I lived in Izmir, Turkey. While I was there I met a woman who has had a huge impact on my life... Deniz. She was our nanny, but she was more like a best friend. She...

Who's your nanny? [ 17 Answers ]

The nanny state has come to this... I'm literally speechless.

My son wants the nanny over me [ 2 Answers ]

I've gone back to work 1 month ago after my extended Maternity leave. My son is 16 months old and seems to be forming a bond with his Nanny. I thought this was great at first, but he seems to want to be with her more then he does with me. When I go to pick him up, he leans towards her. He's not as...

A nanny's right [ 1 Answers ]

This might not be the right place to ask this question but I can't seem to find the answer. I am a writer who is working on a story about a mother who leaves her children in the care of a nanny and disappears. The nanny wants to take care of the children what are her legal rights and how does...

View more questions Search