Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Even as he has one foot out the door ;Nanny Bloomy is at it again. Now he wants to mandate that all NYC school children get a flu vaccine.
    Protest Planned Over Mandatory Vaccine Requirement in New York | Politicker

I'm wondering which Pharmaceutical company Bloomy has interest in.
    All of them?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 11:22 PM
    hey this is not a bad thing, kids should be vaccinated, so should adults. It's a public health issue.

Just because someone is concerned with public health doesn't mean there is a vested interest. I'm part of the at risk population, I get vaccinated, haven't had the "flu" in years. I think we should be proactive about disease prevention where we can be, we just need to use appropriate methods, no DDT incidents
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    hey this is not a bad thing, kids should be vaccinated, so should adults. It's a public health issue.

Just because someone is concerned with public health doesn't mean there is a vested interest. I'm part of the at risk population, I get vaccinated, haven't had the "flu" in years. I think we should be proactive about disease prevention where we can be, we just need to use appropriate methods, no DDT incidents
    BS ,there is little evidence that mandatory vaccination for the flu would have any meaningful effect .This is just the mini-emperor of NYC sticking his nose where it has no business. The scary thing is I'm sure this putz has national ambitions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 06:00 AM
    You need to get out more Tom as there are many cases of unvaccinated children dying of flu complications and they are high risk healthy or not.

Even Healthy Kids Can Die From Flu Complications | digtriad.com

I don't know about mandatory, but parents do need to be aware, and responsible.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:11 AM
    people die from many reasons . The most effective vaccine is live culture which can also cause deaths and complications . The inactive vaccine is less effective and only works to prevent the flu if they guessed correctly which strain will be floating around this year (a cr@p shoot at best since it is constantly mutating ) .

The correct position for the government is educating the public about ALL the risks . Neither local officials or the CDC do a particularly good job of it .
    Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 06:36 AM
    If you see a doctor twice a year for a regular check up, you would get that information. Nobody can ignore the free flu shot advertisements that pharmacies and food stores have during flu season.

Actually taking advantage of it may be a challenge for some.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If you see a doctor twice a year for a regular check up, you would get that information. Nobody can ignore the free flu shot advertisements that pharmacies and food stores have during flu season.

Actually taking advantage of it may be a challenge for some.
    really ? little accountability*, no prescription necessary, and no check up from the doctor required for some pharmacy clerk to inject you . Yeah that's a plan.
    [* vaccines enjoy complete immunity from lawsuits in the market place. If you are injured or die from a vaccine, you or your family cannot sue the manufacturer of the vaccine. This law was upheld bySCOTUS in 2011.]
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Hello wingers:

Let's call a spade a spade, shall we??? You're INTO nanny stating your damn self. You BELIEVE the BIG government should protect us ALL from the horrors of marijuana. Oh, I know you'll disavow any connection to it, and SAY you're in favor of it... But, I DON'T see any posts about it... Nahhh... You're HAPPY with the DEA NANNY STATE!!!

Smoking a joint ain't no worse than drinking a big gulp. Ceptin you can get 20 years in Texas for smoking a joint...

STOP THAT, and I'll support you in your war against the "nanny" state. Otherwise, you're HYPOCRITES out for a day of gum flapping..

excon
    Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Flu shots are voluntary, and best done by a doctor, but you have to have a doctor first right? Don't have one, now what? Pay 25 bucks, at Walmart, or CVS, or do without, and take your chances.

Where would you get a prescription without a doctor? Do nothing? You just said people can die from anything.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Yeah I'm not thrilled when 30 percent of fatally injured drivers test positive for drugs other than alcohol, with pot being the main culprit. Other than that I am neutral about pot .
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Flu shots are voluntary
    not if Nanny Bloomy gets his way.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    Other than that I am neutral about pot .
    That's NANNY STATE thinking.. SOME people abuse it, so to protect EVERYBODY we need to BAN it...

Only HYPOCRITES would be FOR banning ONE thing, and screaming about the government banning another....

Over to you, wingers..

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
    no it aint . there has to be laws against being high and driving .
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    no it aint . there has to be laws against being high and driving .
    Let's talk, shall we??? Or do you go insane when it comes to drugs?? I think so...

Let's be clear.. NOBODY.. That would be NOBODY is advocating driving while high. If you think I did, you need to read my posts again.

That said, YOU believe that because SOME people abuse it, the state should BAN it from EVERYBODY... That's NANNY state thinking - pure and simple..

Look.. I'd STOP calling you a hypocrite, if you'd admit you're ONE way about nanny stating... The stuff YOU like should NEVER be banned, but the stuff you DON'T should...

Until you do, I'm gonna keep on calling a spade a spade.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:45 AM
    That would be NOBODY is advocating driving while high. If you think I did, you need to read my posts again.

That said, YOU believe that because SOME people abuse it, the state should BAN it from EVERYBODY... That's NANNY state thinking - pure and simple..
    You also must be reading someone elses posts because I haven't said that .
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    You also must be reading someone elses posts because I haven't said that .
    If it shouldn't be banned from EVERYBODY, why don't you simply say it??

Can we STOP with all the gotcha crap??? Plain and simple... Since you're AGAINST the nanny state, do you favor LEGALIZATION of pot? That would be YES, or NO.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 08:15 AM
    I think calling us hypocrites for assigning positions to us is a pretty shameful game of gotcha.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Hello, Steve:
    I think calling us hypocrites for assigning positions to us is a pretty shameful game of gotcha.
    Yeah. I'm a pretty shameful fellow..

But, if the shoe fits...

Look.. I KNOW you don't like me calling you on this, and you TRY to make it different.. But, it's NOT.. You COMPLAIN about bloomberg banning soda, but you're FINE with the government banning pot - FOR EXACTLY THE SAME REASON... It's not GOOD for you.

I'm WILLING to hear WHY you do that. But, rather than TELL me, you make ME the bad guy instead..

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

If it shouldn't be banned from EVERYBODY, why don't you simply say it??

Can we STOP with all the gotcha crap??? Plain and simple... Since you're AGAINST the nanny state, do you favor LEGALIZATION of pot? That would be YES, or NO.

excon
    but it should be banned from SOME people . Oh let me guess. You're fine with people getting drugs without prescriptions.Your fine with minors smoking ..I'm not. You're fine with driving under the influence ? operating heavy equment ..I'm not What I am in favor of is taking pot out of the narcotics class.
    Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
    You let people drink until they get caught or kill somebody, so make it the same for pot. And no prescription needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Looking for a former Nanny. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I've seen others put up stuff about finding people so I thought I'd give it a wack. Between the years of 1997-1999 I lived in Izmir, Turkey. While I was there I met a woman who has had a huge impact on my life... Deniz. She was our nanny, but she was more like a best friend. She...

Who's your nanny? [ 17 Answers ]

The nanny state has come to this... I'm literally speechless.

My son wants the nanny over me [ 2 Answers ]

I've gone back to work 1 month ago after my extended Maternity leave. My son is 16 months old and seems to be forming a bond with his Nanny. I thought this was great at first, but he seems to want to be with her more then he does with me. When I go to pick him up, he leans towards her. He's not as...

A nanny's right [ 1 Answers ]

This might not be the right place to ask this question but I can't seem to find the answer. I am a writer who is working on a story about a mother who leaves her children in the care of a nanny and disappears. The nanny wants to take care of the children what are her legal rights and how does...

View more questions Search