Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Crown after a root canal
    The dentist wants to use some gold proseisour 2750.50.. at xtra cost of $175.00.. is that nessarry ? Tks.. richard
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
    It is called gold 'processor' by the way; gold crown is the most durable to use but that is all you will see in your mouth is a big piece of gold which is entirely unnecessary.

Porcelain fused to gold is more natural looking and just as durable, not as expensive.

I have had my crowns, procelain fused to gold, for many many years now and never a problem with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should you pay for root canal after crown [ 15 Answers ]

My dentist just completed two full crowns of the last two right lower molars. X-rays, incluing a paronamic was completed after the crowning and pain began. No abcess noted. However I am having severe pain. I was placed on a medrol dose pack and antibiotics with no relief. Now he is suggesting I...

Re do a root canal for new crown [ 2 Answers ]

I had a root canal done 6 years ago which was then filled and a metal crown fixed for my grinder. The crown came off a couple of days ago. My dentist says that the tooth has cracked and he will have to do a root canal again, buildup and then fix a new crown. Is this full procedure to be done as he...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Root canal/crown [ 1 Answers ]

I had a crown and root canal earlier this year. I also have 2 crowns next to it. #16 is crown/canal, # 15, 14 have crowns no root canals. I don't feel those 2 bothering me, They are not sensitive or any other feelings to them. The # 16 has ( or seems) to be bothering me. I went to the dentist...

Why not do a root canal before crown [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know why my dentist did 4 crowns 3 weeks ago. It has been hurting very bad and now I need two root canals on two of the teeth.

View more questions Search