Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bythecode Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
    What is the best drainage pipe to use in a house?
    I am writing an analytical/recommendation report for school (college). My report is titled "Analysis to determine the best drain/waste/vent piping system" (residential use only). The questions below are mainly what I am focusing on but any information about these piping materials is appreciated!

1. What are the most common materials used?

2. Keeping these materials in mind, what are their cost per foot for a 4" pipe?

3. What would be the time frame and cost of installation for these materials?

4. What is the corrosion resistance of these materials?

5. What is the sound resistance of these materials?

6. What is the flame resistance of these materials?

7. What is the smoke resistance of these materials?

Thanks so much for your help!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2012, 10:11 PM
    You really want a lot of info, beyond the plan for this site. Consider that almost all Drain, Waste and Vent, DWV in the trade, is either cellular or Schedule 40 PVC, you can start your research there. Some Cast Iron may be locally mandated but it is minimal today.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 9, 2012, 06:36 AM
    You're my first post of the day so even though this isn't our function I'll give it a shot Your answer comes from the SPC code in Florida[
    1. What are the most common materials used?
    Schedule # 40 PVC.
    2. Keeping these materials in mind, what are their cost per foot for a 4" pipe?
    Not enough facts to answer. Union/non-Union labor. Depth of trench and cost of backhoe, scope of project.Ect. All must be factored in witch is why we don't give estimates.
    3. What would be the time frame and cost of installation for these materials?
    Same answer as above. It's impossible to give a estimate using the general terms you use. You MUST be specific.
    4. What is the corrosion resistance of these materials?
    PVC is non-corrosive.
    5. What is the sound resistance of these materials?
    This does not factor in plumbing.
    6. What is the flame resistance of these materials?
    n As compared with what?
    7. What is the smoke resistance of these materials?
    Excellent
    Good luck on your report, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running drainage pipe from outside house / connecting to main drain line [ 11 Answers ]

Outside rain water collect on one side of my house and because of improper grading actually pools up. Regarding is not a practical option because the surrounding area is quite a bit higher than the elevation of the structure and the property line to which I could grade down to is extremely close...

Drainage soil pipe & west pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me. What is the slop require for soil pipe & west pipe running in the building Thanks.

Replacment of drainage pipe under house. [ 1 Answers ]

Under my house in a crawl space water drains from the washer and kitchen sink into a T. The PVC pipe then goes forward and makes a right turn toward a iron drainage pipe. The pipe sags before it makes the turn so there is some water draining out. What would be the best way to securely anchor the...

View more questions Search