Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen Purvis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 08:02 PM
    I have a question about an etching: 1937 Copyright Camilla Lucas NY USA.
    This is a print of an etching I believe because there are the words at the top left of the picture which say 'copyright 1937 Camilla Lucas NY USA'. The etching is in a gold wooden frame about 10- 3/4 " by 13-1/2". The etching itself is about 8-1/2" by 6". The picture is surrounded by about 2" of cream matting or border. It was given as a wedding gift to my mother and dad. The colors are subdued browns, reds, greens. The sky is cloudy white. It depicts an orangish/red-roofed white cottage to the left of a light tan dirt road which meanders diagonally across the middle of the picture. To the right of the road and more in the foreground than the house is a well made of large stones with a wooden roof over it. A large tree looms behind the well. There are also trees in the background behind the cottage and rough green grass around the well and cottage. In the matting below the pic on the left is a penciled signature which appears to say Ean Torét. On the matting at the bottom right of the picture is the name 'Pierre' in pencil. The back of the painting has a sticker which reads Richardson's Art and Gift Shop, La Grande, Oregon. This painting hung in our home all the years I grew up and I'm just curious about the artist and the value of it because I love it so.

Check out some similar questions!

1938 copyright camilla lucas ny usa " plaine a chartres" etching artist philippe [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out info on an etching I have had for years approx 17 x 13 in size with the thatched roofed cottage along a country dirt road with a haystack on the opposite side of the etching, it says Philippe on the bottom right in pencil and on the left it says "Plaine, a Chartres" and...

Etching copyright by SZL (1937 0r 1931) [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original etching "Sunny Morning" by Pierre. SZL copy #30. I would like to know something about the artist and the value of the etching. One answer given indicated the gallery was open from 1940 to 1960. However, this etching has a copyright dated 1937 or 1931

Copyright 1933-Camilla Lucas/Artist Leeotelle ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print top left corner says Copyright 1933 - Camilla Lucas, NYC-U.S.A it also has their triangle symbol in the bottom left corner the artist signature is so cursive it is hard to make it out looks like Paul E___le Leeotelle? The P is crazy and the L too. So I could be completely off. The...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.