Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2012, 07:16 PM
    Windows 7 X64 Ultimate suddenly STOPPED seeing Linux servers.
    Ok... Time to ask someone else, I haven't had any luck figuring this out the last week.

Windows 7 Ultimate Machine... 64 bit version... has been working reliably on a home network with 8 Linux based servers and three media Players( 5 different flavors of Linux total) for a number of years. Wired gigabit Ethernet home network.

All of a sudden I can't even see the Icons in Network on my machine... the rest of the network works fine as switches and router shared and everything else works... except this.

Had a problem when I first set this up years ago (early adopter of Win 7 here)... then got it to work and can't remember what I did then. Tried many things... nothing has worked...

I can ping them... I can't otherwise see them. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Live email servers [ 4 Answers ]

I entered wrong info setting up incomming and outgoing email servers info, I need to correct, how do I get there. Wasted enough time with Microsoft, easy answer for someone who knows. Thanks

Windows / Laptop Will NOT start up. Tried Ultimate boot cd - No Luck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am running windows xp on a hp laptop. Fairly new, about a year old. 1 gb of ram, 120 gigs hard drive space. AMD turion64 dual I try to start my computer and it just keeps restarting. It gets to the Windows logo and the loading bar. Then it restarts. I have tried to enter safe...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.