Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpgawant2b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 04:39 PM
    In Michigan small claims court can you sue for emothonial pain and suffering
    In the state of Michigan, can you sue someone for pain and suffering for taking the cremation ashes of their mother from their stepfathers home with his knowledge?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Hello l:

Maybe. I'd certainly ask for it. The worst that can happen is the judge says no. Small claims is quick, cheap and easy.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 9, 2012, 05:06 AM
    You can sue for anything. Whether a court will award you this is another question. In this case, probably not; emotional "damages" or pain and suffering is awarded only under very extreme conditions and these don't cut it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of Fl. [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking for a program where my son would learn responsibility, respect and self confidence. I spoke to a retired police officer, who suggested a Jiu Jitsu class. I found three locations. I selected the one which was the closes to me. On or about September 7, 2011, my son and I went to the...

Pain and suffering in small claims court? [ 4 Answers ]

My brother suffer from a painful illness in which smell from cooking, perfume and some cleaning product etc bring him migraine headache, he is on disability but not for this matter at all but. Over the time in the house they agree on installing an fan smell extractor over the time they were not...

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of il [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a situation where a man that I thought loved me convinced me to move out of state leaving my friends, family, job, and my home to be with him. Within a month of me moving and preparing to find work, he decides to move out within in a month of moving in the house without notice to go and...

Can you sue for pain and suffering in small claims court, California, for a tooth [ 8 Answers ]

Can I sue for the dental bill PLUS pain and suffering. My tooth was broken out when I was eating olives by a large piece of metal that was in the can. I had to get a crown. Can I sue for the cost of the crown plus an additional amount for pain and suffering? I'm in California.

View more questions Search