Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaws853 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Do I owe my exgirlfriend?
    My ex girlfriend bought me a car while we were together and never asked for anything in return or put anything in writing. She even put the car in my name. Now that we split she says I owe her for the car. Do I have to pay her.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Really, she did that IN GOOD FAITH at the time, and you really don't think you can carry through. Not a question of legality if there was no promissory note but you really make me sick if you just can't own up to it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Legally speaking, no. A gift remains a gift even after a breakup. She can try to sue you and plead her case in court but it will not likely stand. If she paid for the car and had your name alone put on the title it is a irrevocable gift.
    zarabrady24 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 07:05 PM
    That's right, it's already yours... and in the first place it's under your name... you know why she's asking you for it, she wants you back...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zarabrady24 View Post
    ..you know why she's asking you for it, she wants you back...
    Yeah... or maybe she just wants the car or money for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exgirlfriend help [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my friend were sitting on the bus, and so were my exgf and her friends. My friend & I were talking, and I said that's my ex he was talking about. So he asked my ex if we used to be bf/gf. She said no, and acted surprised about it. What can I conclude from this?

How I know my exgirlfriend still love me? [ 1 Answers ]

At ending of my relationship firstly my girlfriend is ignoring me and dating with some one else but after some time she is with me but she still show she is not love my. So I just want to know what she want?

ExGirlfriend: Help/advise, please help me. [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Eric. I came here to ask for help. Obviously. I'm 15. This happened 2 years ago, and I can't seem to get over it. I'll tell you from the start, how this went down, from my eyes, 100% honesty. 2 years ago I was in school and met this beautiful girl, she had eyes that I could...

What is my exgirlfriend thinking? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex and I had an off and on relationship that lasted about 4 years. To this day, I would marry her tomorrow if she'd say yes and she knows exactly how I feel about her. We called it quits for the last time in 2003. Since then we have spoken at most 5 times, always when something bad happened to...

View more questions Search