Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes but I think the author has more credence
    But you're obviously wiser than our founding fathers.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Jesus didn't write the bible, the church did. So there were MANY authors.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    But you're obviously wiser than our founding fathers.
    Well that could even be so, I have the benefit of hindsight. It is interesting that 120 years after your constitution was written, it was used as a model in my nation but a right to bear arms wasn't included, they had already seen your civil war and a few indications of rebellion and insurrection in their own backyard and backed off on that one. They also didn't see the need to let the populace do whatever seemed good to them at the time, so the idea that substance abuse could be legalised in the constitution hadn't occurred to them either

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the legal rights of an adopted donor child, once he/she reaches legal age? [ 4 Answers ]

Does the child have a right to know the donor-father? If the adopted family (legal family) underwent a divorce, what child-support rights do the child have pertaining to the legal father? Especially once legal age (21) is reached? Can the child/teen take his biological father's last name?

Nys parole PO denies any contact w/ legal wife - criminal hist. Is this legal [ 1 Answers ]

Parole denies any contact, phone, letters, visits, etc. w/ my legal wife because she is a convicted felon and one rule while on parole is to have no contact w/ known felons

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

View more questions Search