Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diannac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Best food for a 9 week old Chi/Weenie puppy
    I have a 9 week old chi/weenie puppy. What is the best food for her? Dry or wet
    (canned)? She eats the canned but does not like the dry. She doesn't even like the chewy treats I but her!
    jshenton27 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2012, 11:54 AM
    I had the same problem with my minpin puppy. You should give her a food that says puppy AND small breed or toy breed if she's considered one. I use science diet. The kibble is tiny enough for her. She started on canned mixed with some kibble, then eventually kibble only. It took her a few days to realize the kibble is all she had, so if she didn't want to starve, she needed to eat it lol. My vet recommended including canned food in her diet until she was around 4 months old because as babies, they need those extra calories. Check with your vet about it, they can give you better and breed specific insight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave food down all the time for a 5 week old puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

Should I leave food down all the time for a 5 week old puppy?

My dog has been off her food for above a week [ 5 Answers ]

She is not eating any food but drinking plenty she is mopish and lethargic

How much food for a 8 week old puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

How much should I be feeding my 8 week old puppy?? How many cups a day? I feed him beneful puppy chow now. He is a labrador/australian shepard.

5 week old lab puppy not able to eat food [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old puppy that we are trying to wean. We have tried giving her softened dog food, plain rice and a kibble at a time. Every time she eats a very small amount she throws up. She doesn't do this after she feeds from her mothers milk, only puppy food or rice. Does anyone have any...

View more questions Search