Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mathhelpppmmee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 06:23 PM
    The perimeter of a rectangle is 40 ft, and the area of the rectangle is 36 ft^2. Find
    The perimeter of a rectangle is 40 ft, and the area of the rectangle is 36 ft^2. Find the dimensions of the rectangle. I need the length and width
    The Icester Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
    A=> 36= 18.2
    p=> 40= 2.18+2.2
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
    If you draw a picture of a rectangle, you can use factors of 36 for the four sides. So, try this and see what you come up with. Do you know the factors of 36?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A rectangle is 3.7 m long and 2.37 m wide. What is its area? [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangle is 3.7 m long and 2.37 m wide. What is its area?

Problem: find the largest area of a rectangle inscribed in an equilateral triangle [ 4 Answers ]

Find the dimensions of the rectangle with the largest area that can be inscribed in an equilateral triangle of side 5.5 inches if one side of the rectangle lies on the base of the triangle.

Is a rectangle a trapezoid? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a rectangle a trapezoid?

Is rectangle a trapezoid? [ 5 Answers ]

Am actually a math teacher here in the Philippines. One my supervisors observed me in one of my classes. During that time, I'd ask my students to decide whether the given statement is true or false. One of the statements is like this " Rectangle is a trapezoid " . Most of students answered me...

I have a black rectangle too and [ 1 Answers ]

It just started a few days ago. It takes up about the bottom half of the screen with a little showing on the sides. It's a Sylvania 4273

View more questions Search