Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Everthesame Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Can I be sued in small claims while on SSDI
    I had a car repair that did not get repaired. I gave mechanic 3 opportunities to fix, he failed to do so. I had to pay another mechanic to fix my car. This is currently in the last phase of a credit card dispute I filed. They have credited my account for now, but the mechanic is calling me telling me if I do not drop the dispute, he will put a lien on my car and take me to court. I do suffer from extreme anxiety and do not want to walk in a courtroom. Anything I can do, is there any way they will dismiss due to my disability or since it is being investigated?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 7, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Everthesame;
    the mechanic is calling me telling me if I do not drop the dispute, he will put a lien on my car and take me to court.
    Unless the mechanic still has possession of the car he cannot put a lien on it in any state of which I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Everthesame;
    do suffer from extreme anxiety and do not want to walk in a courtroom. Anything I can do, is there any way they will dismiss due to my disability or since it is being investigated?
    No the court cannot dismiss the case simply because you suffer from an extreme anxiety disorder. And simply because you have disputed the charge with the credit card company doesn't prevent the mechanic from suing you and tryng to prove his case.
    Everthesame Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Ty. Ugh what a nightmare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can they take my ssi/ssdi away from me to play small claims debt in Massachusetts [ 3 Answers ]

I have lost a small claims case in mass court system. Does anyone know the exact law that says I don't have to pay it back because I am to poor. I heard that there is a law for this but I can't find it in the statues. Please help me.

Sued in Small Claims by Palisades [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my father has been sued in small claims court in MA by Gary H. Kreppel, PC representing Palisades Collection, LLC. It's much too close to trial date (8/31/09!) to ask for verification. The debt is about $800 and described as "For Goods sold & delivered on or before 10/31/04 with PALISADES...

Business being sued in small claims [ 4 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP... I use to own a business and am being sued in small claims... but we are no longer doing business(company closed) can I still be sued even thought we are no longer in business

I am being sued in small claims court [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arizona and I am being sued for $10,000 because of an accident I was in 6 years ago and my insurance had lapsed. Now my license is revoked and can not be reinstated until I satisfy the judgement. I've made two offers to his attorney and her last response to my offer of $6,800 was they...

Being sued in small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a mobile home (land contract and I don't even think the contract was legal) in 7-06. I was going through a divorce at that time. I had to land contract because I only worked 2 to 3 days per week and depended on my alimony that was ordered by the court. When I moved in, the...

View more questions Search