Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awalker_jones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 04:39 PM
    How to apply for citizenship without leaving your family
    My brother-in-law has been in the US for 18 yrs. Illegaly. He and my sister have been married for 10 years and have 4 children. He is a very good husband and father and a very hard worker. They have been to the immigration office with money in hand and were turned away. After speaking to an attorney they were told he would have to return to Mexico and wait while my sister stayed here and petitioned for him? How can they apply for his citizenship without having to separate their family? I was reading something about filing a hardship ?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 7, 2012, 11:59 PM
    His lawyer is correct... there is no short cut to this.
    awalker_jones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    His lawyer is correct... there is no short cut to this.
    Do you know anything about the hardship law Obama passed? It was to prevent families from being separated? Just not sure what its all about??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I apply for the British Citizenship? [ 1 Answers ]

Should I apply for the British Citizenship? I can apply for if I want , but if I do that , I will have to give up my Chinese Citizenship.

If married at 19 when can you apply for citizenship? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and thinking about marriage. We both are in love but I'm also a illegal alien. I heard from a friend that if I get married at 19 I'll have to wait till 21 to fill out for citizenship, is that true?

How to apply for canadian citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

How can I apply for a canadian citizenship. I have visited canada only once on visit visa. I have a US visa for 2 year. I want to have a canadian citizenship so that I can work there. I can speak very good english and my profession is in the field of oil ang gas.

Apply for citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody , here is my case : I'm a permanent resident since 08/02 , I had to leave for 10 months outside USA for reasons of studies ( 11/02 to 08/03 : knowing that before I came to the US I had already spent 2 years in that school and I had another year to take in order to graduate) which...

How to apply for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Im a greek american girl trying to get dual citizenship with US/Greece. My dad is from there, but moved here before he had me. How do I go about starting this process, and how long does it take? Where do I go to give the proper documents to? And how can I get my grandparents birth...

View more questions Search