Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tine_ann0511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 04:25 AM
    speed equation
    Can you please give me the correct answer of this given question...

How long it take Benidict to cover the 4 kilometers distance from the church to his house of speed 8 kilometers per hour?.

Hope you can help me...
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 7, 2012, 09:25 AM
    You need to emmorize the following equation:

Distance equals velocity times Time, or d=vt.

You are told that the distance is d=4 Km and that the velocity is v=8 Km/Hr. So substituting these values into the above equation gives:

4 Km = 8 Km/Hr x t

Now - what value of t satisfies this equation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

equation for average speed? [ 1 Answers ]

A man traveled by a car for 3 day he coverd 369km/day on the 1st day he drew for 10hrs at 36km/hr on the 2nd day he drew 15hrs at 24km/hr 3rd day he drew 20hrs at 30km/hr find out the average speed?

Speed Equation [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I am having a hard time setting this problem up. I think I just need to use the d=rt but am not sure. Motorboat: current is 3mph. Going upstream takes 5 hours, going downstream takes 2.5 hours. What is the speed of the boat?

Quadratic equation involving speed [ 7 Answers ]

Adrain and Bala decided to go on a cycling expedition.Both of them chose different routes to the destination.Adrain travelled by rooute A,which is 120km long,at an average speed of xkm/h.Bala chose route B,which is 5km shorter,but has more challenging terrain.He covered the distance at an average...

Speed equation [ 2 Answers ]

Imagine that your are traveling in a circle that has a 4 mile circumference at a constant speed of 30 mph. How long does it take you to make one complete revolution around the circle? What is your average speed for the trip? What is your average velocity for the trip? Why are they not the same?

Equation for speed [ 3 Answers ]

what is the equation for speed (please help)

View more questions Search