Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MommaMiecy01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Is a garnishment suppose to be taken out of a bonus
    I have a garnishment coming out of my paycheck. I am entitled to a rental bonus quarterly My employer adds this bonus to my paycheck and the garnishment amount is double what it should be.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 6, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Yes, a bonus is 'extra' money and can be whatever the judgment allows over and above your regular income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was suppose to do my hours. I still have time but wonderment how I'm suppose action [ 3 Answers ]

I've been charged for theft and was suppose to do my hours from march 22 to July 27. But didn't start on it because my mom was suppose to receive a letter so I can start. But it is now April 3 and nothing has come in the mail. My mom lost a paper that showed a number to phone if it hasn't come into...

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Is it suppose to come out [ 6 Answers ]

Me and boyfriend are trying to have a child but its been a year and we are not having any luck, but want I wanted to ask was if after having sex is his (sperm) suppose to fall out.

I Did What I Was Not Suppose To Do.. . [ 2 Answers ]

I met this wonderful guy on-line a couple of months ago and we clicked instantly. Had a lot in common, mutual physical attraction and spent what time we could together because we are both legally separated. This is the first intimate relationship I have been in since my separation. He had dated a...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

View more questions Search