Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HallelujahSymph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
    My Crush Lost His Mom
    As the title says, my crush's mom died last week. We're friends, and he always comforts and encourages me when I feel down, and I've tried to do the same for him. But now I'm at a total loss for words. And he didn't even tell me! I found out from a mutual friend! Maybe he's not ready to talk to me about it. But I really care about him. I cried for him when I found out about what he's going tnrough. If there was anything I could do now... I would just hug him, empathize and tell him I love him. But none of that will help him feel any better. How am I supposed to comfort him if I've never gone through this? What do I tell him?
    anirbasjarrah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Go up to him and just say you heard what happened and give him a big hug. Do what he does to encourage you. Try to make him smile. Tell him that you don't like seeing him this way and that everything is going to be all right. Just be there for him... even when you think he doesn't need you, always be their for him and he will apperciate it. Trust me.
    Sorry about the loss.
    Good luck :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Go up to him and just say you heard what happened and give him a big hug. Do what he does to encourage you. try to make him smile. Tell him that you don't like seeing him this way and that everything is going to be alright. Just be there for him...even when you think he doesn't need you, always be their for him and he will apperciate it. Trust me.
    Sorry about the loss.
    Good luck

This is very bad advice on a bereavement board, bad from beginning to end. Her "crush" has lost his mother. Attempting to make him "smile" is not going to help him get over his loss. He needs someone to listen to him, someone to be there in whchever form he needs support.

Telling him you don't like to see him sad is counterproductive. Telling him everything will be all right is absolutely foolish.

Grief is a difficult thing to understand and the process varies from person to person.

I buried my husband. Attempting to make me smile or telling me it upset people to see me sad would have made my grief worse.

I don't understand your experience with grief or your advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do my crush like me as much as I like him [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this boy have been talking for a while now and we flirt sometimes but is he really feeling me the way I'm feeling him. I talk about him all the time, blush when he comes around, get chills when he calls. But I want to know do he feel like that when I'm around or am I on his mind. I just want...

I have a crush on someone [ 7 Answers ]

I have a crush on someone, and need to Know if he feels the same? Thanks,

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

I've lost my crush [ 9 Answers ]

I have this crush on a guy. I'm 15, he's 20, nothing was obviously ever going to happen. But I really like him. I know him through instrument lessons I go to. There was never any mention of a girl at all. Even on his internet blogs. Then I find a comment on one of them saying congratz on...

View more questions Search