Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clippermom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 02:59 AM
    bond value formula example
    General Electric made a coupon payment yesterday on its 6.75% bonds that mature in 8.5 years. If the required return on these bonds is 8% APR, what should be the market price of these bonds?
    I just can't do this... please help!
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Nov 6, 2012, 04:49 AM
    First describe the cash flows remaining on this bond. Tell me what the coupon payments are (their amount, and when they'll be paid), and tell when the maturity amount is to be paid (assume they're $1,000 face amount bonds, and that they pay their coupons semi-annually).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organic chemistry - emprical formula and molecular formula [ 3 Answers ]

During the routine analysis of cool tar, a by product of the production of coke from coal, a colorless, oily liquid was isolated. Analysis reveled that it contained only carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen. When a 0.620g sample of the compound was in burnt in oxygen it produced 1.76g of carbon dioxide. A...

Formula coupon rate of bond? [ 1 Answers ]

Large Industries bonds sell for $1,106.15. The bond life is 14 years, and the yield to maturity is 5.4%. What must be the coupon rate on the bonds.

Bond's cash proceeds and Present value of price of bond [ 1 Answers ]

Randell Company issues 7%, 10-year bonds with a par value of $150,000 and semiannual interest payments. On the issue date, the annual market rate for these bonds is 8%, which implies a selling price of 93¼. The straight-line method is used to allocate interest expense. Use the present value Table...

Why LiAlH4 reduce alpha hydrogen substituted acetylenic bond,not isolated double bond [ 0 Answers ]

Assalam o Alaikum! I want to ask Question about reducing agent LiAlH4, as Lithium Aluminium Hydride,not much selective as Sodium boro hydrates.. LiAlH4 reduces not only Aldehydes or ketones,but also acids, acid halides,esters, nitrile, imine, and nitro group etc.. it can reduce the alpha...

View more questions Search