Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    025896 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 08:02 PM
    How do I assist my sister-in-law with my nice's addiction?
    My nice is 18. She has a 18 month old baby. She has been staying gone for days at a time doing drugs. Her mom has come to me for help, but I don't know what to tell her.
    I have some good ideas but where do we start with helping my nice see that she has a problem? And what's the first step to recovery?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Mar 14, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I don't think you can force some one to see that they have a problem. One has to come by that knowledge by ones self. But follow through with the ideas you have and see what happens.
    My concern is for the child. Who takes care of the child when she is gone for days? Does she receive public assistance?
    If mothers behavior puts the child at risk, she must be reported and steps taken to make this child safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister-in-law [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have been married now for 11 months to wonderful husband (at times) I like to have fun, joke around etc.. However a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, my sister in law said they would being going out for dinner instead of cooking, (she and her husband lives with my mother-in-law). I...

Estranged sister-in-law [ 7 Answers ]

We used to be close to my husband's sister. We spent holidays together and our children were great friends. However a few years ago she became angry with us over a computer we sold her that stopped working (we offered to fix, but she wasn't interested). She hasn't spoken to us since. We've...

Do I believe my husband or my sister in-law? [ 11 Answers ]

Recently, my sis in-law (she and I married the brothers) told me that my husband has slept with a hooker while he was on vacation a few years ago. Her comment caught me on a surprise. I went home and talked to my husband. I denied the rumor and asked me who told me. Of course, I did not tell him...

Thyroid Assist [ 1 Answers ]

I think I might have a thyroid problem I have most of the symptoms and I am thinking of trying THYROID ASSIST. Has anyone with a thyroid problem tried this?

Sister-in-law Not Paying Rent [ 10 Answers ]

Help! My sister-in-law rents from us at our salon and she is behind two months in rent. When she started renting from us about 1 year ago, she agreed to pay rent. She only works one day a week and we gave her the first 2 months rent free to help her get on her feet. When we asked for rent on...

View more questions Search