Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fromwestminster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 07:24 PM
    H4 visa question
    My divorce case is in court(Jefferson county golden,Colorado), my wife was trying to leave USA when I served her summon at airport(DIA). Even though she received the summon before she flew for India.Now she is asking for document for H4 through her lawyer (as I am on H1 Visa). Is there any law at I would have to provide her documents?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 6, 2012, 07:39 PM
    H-4 status ends if divorced, so if she was served, you don't need to provide any documents for her visa.
    fromwestminster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 11:46 PM
    Thanks for reply Lawanwadee.

Couple of questions:
    - As I don't want to live with her anymore and the divorce case is going on, would you agree that it is against the guidelines of USCIS if I still sponsor H4 to my spouse. I am just confirming this point, I certainly don't want to sponsor H4 to my wife.

- How do I convince the family court that it should not force me to sponsor her?

Thanks You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visa Question [ 0 Answers ]

We will be travelling from Australia and spending most of our time in Pennsylvania. We are aware we need a Visa to enter the US but was wondering if we decide to drive to Niagarra Falls do we need another Visa as this is in Canada? I hope you can assist with our query!

L1 visa question [ 0 Answers ]

In the us on an L1 and picked up an oui - when I did my L1 forms I did not declare an arrest when I was 18 as it resulted in a warning and was 30 years ago. Will this go against me

L1 visa tax question? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last year (2009) I spent 193 days in US (+17 in commute) on L1 visa while being on a Canadian payroll. All my 2009 income is from Canada. My wife is a student on F1 visa. She will be filing US taxes as a non-resident alien. Do I need to file US taxes? I talked to IRS agent and...

H4 visa tax question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1-B visa since 2003 and got married in middle of dec 2006. My wife is on H4 and accompanied me to the US at the end of December 2006. I want to know what tax benefits can I get after getting married.. I am a novice about taxes a little help would be appreciated? Can I...

View more questions Search