Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sd3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Work and Energy
    You are working out on a rowing machine. Each time you pull the rowing bar (which simulates the oars) toward you, it moves a distance of 1.4 m in a time of 1.5 s. The readout on the display indicates that the average power you are producing is 101 W. What is the magnitude of the force that you exert on the handle?

Check out some similar questions!

Work and energy [ 1 Answers ]

A force of magnitude 26N along direction of a vector 5i+12j displaces a body of mass 2 kg from a point (2,3,4) to a point (4,3,2). What is the work performed by the force?

Work and energy [ 3 Answers ]

http://www.smartphysics.com/images/content/mechanics/ch9/blockonincline.png A mass m = 12 kg is pulled along a horizontal floor with NO friction for a distance d =5.2 m. Then the mass is pulled up an incline that makes an angle θ = 35° with the horizontal and has a coefficient of kinetic...

Work and Energy [ 1 Answers ]

A man is pulling a boat through a narrow canal. If the tension on the rope is 1610 N and 138569 J of work is done in towing the boat 90 meters, find the angle between the rope and the forward direction.

Energy, Work and Power [ 2 Answers ]

caculate the number of revolutions of the shaft required to raise a load through 1.2m. Diameter of the shaft=10.0m mass of the load=0.5kg time taken to raise the load through 1.2m=5.0s assuming that the thickness of the thread can be ignored and that the gravitational force acting on a mass of...

Work and Energy [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to work on this Physics problem for hours now, and I'm not getting anywhere... a box has 500 J of work done on it by an applied force. How fast will it move after the work is done? That's not the exact question, but that's the idea. I know the general formula is W=(Fs) cos......

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.