Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhomchick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Motion sensor with lights
    I installed a motion sensor with lights and on test it works great but when I moce the selector switch to 1 minute 3 minute or 5 minute for the lights to stay on the unit does not work
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Nov 4, 2012, 06:14 AM
    "a motion sensor" doesn't tell us much.

First read the directions again carefully, and check your installation.
    Then tell us brand and model#, and what wires were on the old switch and how it's hooked up now.

Nov 4, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Its an intelectron model bc8920k and I have wired a cord with a male plug on it so I just plug in the lights. So black to black and white to white, with green going to a ground stud in box

Nov 4, 2012, 06:50 AM
    [QUOTE=dhomchick;3314992]its an intelectron model bc8920k and I have wired a cord with a male plug on it so I just plug in the lights. So black to black and white to white, with green going to a ground stud in box
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Nov 4, 2012, 07:05 AM
    And the Google search just comes up with other people who can't make it work either?

Get something else, electricity isn't magic but I do think salesman who sell this fly-by-night junk equipment ARE hypnotists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a motion sensor to 3 way outdoor flood lights [ 2 Answers ]

First, thanks in advance for your time. I have two 3-way switches in my home at opposite ends of the house that control two different flood lights outside on the same circuit. I bought and hooked up a motion sensor to one of the floods thinking that when it is triggered it will turn both sets...

Motion Sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have an ceiling light fixture in the hallway entrance to my co-op apartment. The swithch that controls this fixture is actually inside my apartment. It would be great if this light came on automatically when a person enters the hallway as this would make it easier to put a key into the lock of my...

Wiring a motion sensor and astronomic clock for outdoor lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have outdoor lights that I would like to come on at dusk and off at 10pm. After 10 pm I would like these same lights to come on when some one walks through this area. Is this possible and if so how do I wire it?? Thanks

Can I disable motion sensor on outdoor lights? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased new wall mount outdoor lights. They are motion sensor. I was told they would have the option to turn off the motion sensor. There is not a "switch" for that capability. Is there a way I can wire it to disable that function?

View more questions Search