Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aleksandra1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 04:24 PM
    A talisman for my friend
    Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying "a talisman" for my best guy friend, because I am leaving for university (and I never plan to return to my home country and live there again). I was thinking of buying him a pendant or something like that, so that he could remember me - his best girl friend (and a girl who loves him, too... ). I was wondering if any of you here can give me an advice about what the item (the pendant, maybe) should look like? A guardian angel, or angel wing (one for me and the other for him)? Or something related to the Chinese philosophy, some sign of protection or good luck? Any ideas about the meanings of these things?

Thanks a lot :-)
    Eyeoneduh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 05:23 PM
    I think answers are found within.
    In a calm place, maybe your favourite room or alone surrounded by nature you can ask yourself the question "What do I mean by a "Talisman"
    In fact, I think that could be your first clue: you placed quotes around the word Talisman.
    This use of quotes often translates as "so-called"
    Second clue. What is the question you can ask which is not the question you are asking but the question you need to ask.

Is it: What is a Talisman?
    Or: So called by whom?

The idea is that you ask yourself the question and then concentrate on being the listening entity present listening to the thoughts that come, never judging or identifying them. You can observe that one thought comes and goes and eventually you may go - Aha!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My friend ed about my best friend I told my best friend and My friend found out [ 1 Answers ]

My friend wrote a letter to me saying why my best friend is not tlkin to her then she said that the only reason why my best friend is stuck to me is because she doesn't have any friends. I knew that my friend es about everybody even me... My best friend already knows what my friend says about her...

Unknown anime w/ glass talisman on hand [ 1 Answers ]

Look for old anime I saw on Sci-fi when I was a boy. I don't remember much, but here are the details as I remembered them (accuracy not assured) Dying pilot crashes on a planet and transfers some sort of talisman from himself to a young man. This looks like a glass dome on his hand. The...

View more questions Search