Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eclipse255 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Ask an immigration question for free
    I married someone who was here in the United States illegally. With my help, he obtained his US residency and green card. We are now separated after eight years of marriage, and are in the process of getting a divorce. He has been calling me, texting and e-mailing me constantly because he wants me to give him my US citizenship information so that he may become a US citizen. I have informed him numerous times that I will not be giving him the information because I found out through some friends that he brought a woman from Argentina (where he is from) to the United States and her four children and is planning to marry her. The problem is that he will not stop harassing me. My question is am I obligated by law to give him my citizenship information since we are still married? If I am not obligated by law, can I accuse him of harassment? He will not stop contacting me to the point that he has threatened me. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    buttercupp514 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Ok, I'm not a lawyer but harassment or any kind is illegal. You are in a good position because you hold the key to his citizenship... contact an immigration office and they will advise you best.
    good luck =]
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2012, 02:44 AM
    Stop all contact, document all harassment, and ask your divorce lawyer about what exactly if anything you have to reveal (through the lawyer).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask immigration question free [ 1 Answers ]

Working visa holder, files divorce in TEXAS court against her husband in Philippines(non US citizen) is this a legal divorce in USA and can she marry asap to a US citizen and obtain citizenship?? I read that Philippines do not recognize US decree's, they have anulments, that she has to be a us...

Ask question free about immigration [ 4 Answers ]

HI I am Parama Dasgupta. I came to the US on the 28th of may with my husband on an L2 Visa. But after a month of getting married I realised he is a chronic patiant of psychosis. I want to end this relationship now and go back to India next month. I am sure he will take steps to block my re-entry...

Ask immigration free question [ 7 Answers ]

My dad sent my stepmom, sis, and I here. Before he passed away he asked my stepmom to apply for us, which she did. But my concern is that she applied for me as her daughter and soon I will apply for my citizenship I would love to know if I could apply for my biological mother and her two children.

View more questions Search