Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    69agomez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 06:30 PM
    Adopt my wife's child
    How can I adopt my stepdaughter,I have been married to her mon 41/2 years she has never seen her father.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 07:02 PM
    The father will have to be contacted and if he approves of the adoption then get a lawyer and its smooth sailing. If he doesn't agree then your in for a much tougher time and it may or may not happen. For either solution your going to need a lawyer as doing something of this scale has many pitfalls along the way.

Nov 2, 2012, 08:43 PM
    What if mother had no contact through out pregnancy of biological father? Last known to be in mexico, where who knows? He is an illegal.

Nov 2, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Want to adopt stepdughter and there is no contact of bioligical father , last known he was in mexico and is an illigal immagrant. Mother has not once had contact of bioligal father after her daughter was born.

Nov 2, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Want to adopt my stepdaughter,please help.
    Want to adopt stepdaughter, the biological father has not ever been in her life not once, last known he was in mexico is an illegal immagrant, no way of contact no address what can I do to adopt my step child?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 09:05 PM
    You need a lawyer.

If the father is in another country, it could fall under international adoption law.

It really does not matter that he's never seen the child or wasn't involved. Most states require that you at least TRY to contact the father.

You need to see an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt my wife's child? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I were married recently, and she has a daughter from a previous relationship. The father is not on the birth certificate, has never been in the picture, and has never paid any kind of support. This little girl is my world and she only knows me as her dad. The problem is that the father...

How to adopt a child who is your wife's? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a daughter who is 5 and knows about her real father. However he never calls, and the only 3 times I have allowed him to see her. Every time the police have been called to his residence or after she was returned to me, CPS would be knocking on my door about something that has been reported...

How to adopt wife's child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old, and we live in Tennessee, my husband and I have been together for 9 yrs. The birth father's name is on the BC. My husband want to adopt my son. What are the best steps to take. I was never married to my son's dad.

View more questions Search