Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue Rodeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 06:26 AM
    For GST purposes ,do I register the ltd company or do I register the sole proprietor
    I have a ltd company. Under the ltd company umbrella I have established a sole proprietor ship. I have to obtain a gst #. Do I register the Ltd ,with the GST#, or do I register the proprietor.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 06:57 AM
    If you are providing services, you will have to charge goods and services tax on your invoice, so yes in order to obtain a GST # (this is Ontario folks) you will have to register under the name you are going to use when you invoice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LLC vs Sole Proprietor [ 4 Answers ]

My husband does handyman work for a rental management company as a sole proprietor. They recently suggested to him he should become an LLC. I can not find any reason that this would be beneficial to him, and in fact, in FL he would actually have a yearly fee to pay. What am I not understanding? ...

Sole proprietor [ 0 Answers ]

1. When we open post dated cheque,the date we want to put is the actual date or paymnet date? 2. Jan Salary but paid on Feb, so in payment voucher and account, which date that I need to put is better? 3. Dec Expenses Accrued, paid on Jan, how to do the entry? 4. Please show the journal...

Which province I should register a company? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in BC, but my business is in edmonton,AB,if I registe a company, in BC or in AB?

How can I register a business consulting company in the UK. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a business in the USA that provides executive coaching, leadership development, and the like. I've been asked to do business in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. I'm told it would be best to register in the UK. How can I do that?

I know someone who failed to register ,he is supposed to register quarterly he went 5 [ 6 Answers ]

I know someone who failed to register ,he is supposed to register quarterly he went 5 months without registering. Does anyone know what will happen?he's in detroit Michigan.The sex offender registry.

View more questions Search