Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roddilla Posts: 145, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2012, 12:21 AM
    After reinstalling windows 7 computer has slowed down
    I have a Dell inspiron N5050 Ram 4-GB; I3 CPU; 500GB hard-disk
    I have recently reinstalled windows 7 because it got cleared from the hard-disk for a reason I don't know. After reinstallig it, it has slowed down considerably taking longer to boot and to load y profile. Also programs take longer to start for first use after start up. After I use a program, close it and reopen it it opens immediately then. Still if I run games such as Fifa or car-racing games it works still very fast. The problem is in loading something and in booting up
    I carried out disk clean ups, virus checks with AVG 2013; deframentation but still the problem persists. Any help?
    Roddilla Posts: 145, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2012, 05:30 AM
    OK solved it; my power button was set to shut down rather than hibernate ; now it's a million times faster

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Performance has slowed down considerably. [ 1 Answers ]

My computer performance has slowed down considerably, can someone please advise the best way to troubleshoot my problem and provide a solution.

Spybot slowed down my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi yesterday I my computer was running fine in done this scan with spy bot and when it had finished I clicked fix problems and then my computer starting running really slow when I go on you tube and play a video its always freezes and it didn't yesterday as soon as I done the scan it started going...

My computer has slowed down to a snail's pace! [ 3 Answers ]

I use a Dell Pentium IV desktop and Windows XP Home Edition. I use a cable connection to the Internet. Recently the computer has gotten so slow that I want to throw it out of the window. I was almost doing better when I was using a dial-up connection. Any suggestions for speeding it up will be...

Uninstalling from one computer and reinstalling Windows XP on a different system [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Windows XP Home already installed on my computer(desktop). I have just purchased a laptop. I would be using this laptop for all my future purposes and not this desktop. Can I use the same licensed Windows XP that I am already having, on this laptop as well, or do I need to purchase...

Uninstalling windows xp and reinstalling windows 98 se [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how to uninstall windows xp and reinstall windows 98 se... I tried to reinstall windows 98 se from the dos prompt and it's telling me that no fat32 system or fat16 system found plus it's telling me that I need to reinsatll my dos cd-rom drivers manually and partition my...

View more questions Search