Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NZAlg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 10:37 PM
    Am I eligible for a french passport
    My father has a french citizenship by reintegration, am I eligible for a french passport?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 05:23 AM
    If your father was a french citizen by reintegration it means he was given that when being born in and living in a french colony. So, no, it doesn't apply to you and you would not be able to get a french passport.

French passport/citizenship is given now only to people born to french citizens living in France.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Eligible to have French passport ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was born in France and brought up there, I left after 6 years and went back to my country. Both my parents are foreigners, am I elegible to have the french passport. Defineltely I speak french as my mother tongue but wondering who shall I contact and if I there is a chance a can get...

I eligible to get French passport [ 4 Answers ]

Sir, I born in Karakal in 03/03/1953, while my mother was living with my grand father, who was served as a Priest in Mosque. Now I want to get a French Passport. Please let me know that may I eligible to get the French Passport according to French Law.

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

Dual citizenship French/US. Mother French.Am I eligible and is my daughter eligible [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, she had French and American Citizenship.. My sisters and I all have US citizenship. My mother put together all of the paperwork to make sure my sisters and I could have dual citizenship... My sisters all applied for dual French citizenship and received it 17 years ago...

View more questions Search