Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123 abc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 05:51 PM
    In scottish law what rights does a stepson have when both parents die intestate
    My brother married a widow with a son,the boy was never adopted .the mother of the boy died july2012 her husband died August 2012 with no will. What legal rights does the stepson have.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
    I believe the stepson would have inherited a portion of his mother's estate when she died. What he didn't inherit would have gone to the step-father. It is doubtful, after his step-father's death, that he would inherit anything more from the step-father. See this, which suggests he would inherit 2/3 of his mother's "moveable estate". The remaining issue would be what property (as distinguished from property of her husband) the wife/mother owned at her death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If fathers rights are terminated what rights does his parents have [ 4 Answers ]

My children's fathers rigths were terminated by the courts and now I'm hearing through the grape vine that his mother is going to fight for custody. I live in wv and she lives in pa.

Stepson's rights after death [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived with my stepdad for 60yrs he never adopted me but changed my name by deedpoll I have two younger sisters and he is their father we all have the same mother,now they have passed I seem to have been cut out of the will not completely but not equal share's as I have always been led to...

Stepmother Rights to continue raises Stepson [ 5 Answers ]

My husband would like to know that upon his death, would I be able to legally continue to raise his son. His son is now 14, and the Mother has no custody rights at this time because of drug use and psychological issues. She has been out of the picture for quite a few years. What is the procedure if...

Intestate? Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 sibs and I inerited prop(s) after our parent died intestate. The 3 of us do not agree on what to wish to do with the prop(s) that are ours in equal shares. Is there anyone who could help me understand my rights? All property is in Ca. Thank you

Grandparents rights after termination of rights over parents [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two children and my mother relinquished her rights of me and my sister when I was 12. Now here is my question... my mother wants to go for grandparents vistitaion for my children and my sisters and she is willing to got to court for it. I was told by my CPS worker that she...

View more questions Search