Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchumeyes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
    When doubling a caramel sauce recipe to I have to double the boil time?
    If anyone out there has any idea on this, please let me know. The boil time for the original recipe is 5 minutes. I need to double the sauce recipe so I am wondering if I have to double the cooking time as well.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Nope.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 02:28 PM
    I'd boil for 7-8 minutes.

Nov 1, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Thanks for you response.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Can you get a "feel" for it the thickness, etc? Do you do enough cooking?

Nov 1, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Can you get a "feel" for it the thickness, etc? Do you do enough cooking?
    Yep. I've done enough cooking so that shouldn't be a problem. It comes out so good in a single batch I just don't want to mess up a double batch by overlooking the boiling time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Watch the texture and color. If sugar crystals gather along the sides of the pan during the cooking process, you can use a pastry brush dipped in water (or even the spoon) to brush the sugar down the sides of the pan so that it becomes incorporated into the boiling mixture.
    RJ16 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
    No. A general rule of thumb when it comes to cooking on a stovetop is - even when you double the ingredirnts, you don't have to double the time. It doesn't always work like that, but it applies in this case. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time for a lump sum to double [ 1 Answers ]

If you deposit money today in an account that pays 6.5% annual interest, how long will it take todouble your money?

Time to double sum [ 1 Answers ]

If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long will it take for you to double your money?

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Trouble Double Time [ 4 Answers ]

Hey you.ole smoke here, I got a 2 pt ? For you, well for starters my damn systemrestore wonmt work at all, and when I try to reformat I get as far as them asking me what I want to do in those 3 things, so I say start refromatting xp and it say to cick enter and I and it won't get pasted that...

View more questions Search