Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kb_bkk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 06:12 AM
    Can you use an ISO metric M10x1 threaded bolt with an ISO metric M10x1 tap?
    Hi,

I am still confused about ISO metric thread and tap standards.

So does same designation thread and tap fit together? For example, M5x1.25 thread can be used a M5x1.25 tap?

Thanks for any info!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Yes - the M10 x 1 designation specifies a bolt of nominal diameter 10 mm and thread pitch of 1 mm. If it's specified as ISO metric then that defines the height and angles of both the internal and external mating threads. So a thread cut with an M10x1 ISO metric tap is intended to accept an M10x1 ISO metric bolt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 bio metric reschedule [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Today I got bio metric appointment. Actually my mailing address is in PA but I moved here (due to job) in MI. So when I filed I-751 I filled Mailing Address of PA and other 2 address mine and my spouse's is MI. So I am getting all the letters one I got for 1 year extension that came to PA...

Metric bolt head markings [ 0 Answers ]

Suzuki, at least as recently as 2008, has provided a table of standard bolt torques in their motorcycle service manuals that refer to metric bolt head markings. Two values are listed for each bolt size. The first is for Conventional or "4" marked bolt and the second for "7" marked bolt. The...

Metric conversion [ 4 Answers ]

What is 4mm converted to inches?

Metric System [ 3 Answers ]

In the Metric System you have millimeters and centimeters. Does anyone know the labels from top to bottom, like centimeters to miles. Thanks

Metric System [ 4 Answers ]

When was the metric system invented?

View more questions Search