Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayleebloem913 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Could nyquil this?
    I got an 286 ng/mL out of 250 ng/mL limit on an alcohol EtG test but haven't drank.
    Could nyquil this?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Nyquil and mouthwash both contain alcohol, as do other medications like cough syrup.

Oct 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
    I use nyquil and mouthwash. I used about 60 ml a day of nyquil for a week leading up to my EtG test. My probation officer said if it was from nyquil she could tell by the numbers. Do you know what the certain numbers that nyquil and or mouthwash could cause?

Oct 31, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Nyquil and mouthwash both contain alcohol, as do other medications like cough syrup.
    I use nyquil and mouthwash. I used about 60 ml a day of nyquil for a week leading up to my EtG test. My probation officer said if it was from nyquil she could tell by the numbers. Do you know what the certain numbers that nyquil and or mouthwash could cause?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 02:21 AM
    Both are well known to cause this, And no, the numbers can vary by usage. It appears the PO believed you, so time to stop using that mouthwash, find a natural other option, and stop using cough medication all the time

Nov 1, 2012, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    both are well known to cause this, And no, the numbers can vary by usage. It appears the PO beleived you, so time to stop using that mouthwash, find a natural other option, and stop using cough medication all the time
    Well she said she'd let me know Sunday if I was telling the truth because she'd be able to tell by the numbers if it was the nyquil. And she'd be pissed if I was lying.. but I haven't drank.. I got caught for use of marijuana. If she thought I was lying what wld happen. This is the only time I've been in trouble and I currently have the 7411.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can nyquil show up on EtG tests [ 2 Answers ]

Just took an EtG test had 3 beers the night before and wondering if I fail it I could blame it on nyquil

ETG--Albuterol and Nyquil [ 1 Answers ]

Would either Albuterol, Chlorhexidine or Nyquil pills show on an ETG? Thanks

Vicks brand nyquil and penicillin vk 250 mg [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take both of these medications?

EtG test accuracy if taking cough syrup (NyQuil)? [ 26 Answers ]

I took an ETG test this morning and I've been taking NyQuil because of an aweful cold for the past week (nighttime with 10% alcohol). I showed the bottle to the tester... But I'm still scared. Anyone know if I should relax... I have to wait all weekend...

Is alcohol-free nyquil safe to take [ 1 Answers ]

I feel like I'm coming down with something. Feeling very sick. NyQuil usually works for me. Since I am on ETG tests, I cannot take the regular NyQuil. But is it OK to take alcohol-free vicks nyquil?

View more questions Search