Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Md91011 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 03:04 PM
    10 days late 3 negative pregnancy test??
    I was suppose to start my period on the 21st of October and it is now the 31st of October I have taken 3 pregnancy test all negative I'm 22 and married never really been late on my period I'm not on birth control but we always use condoms ! Could I be pregnant? Should I be worried?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2012, 06:09 PM
    You probably aren't pregnant. By 10 days you would have a positive result. There can be other reasons for your cycle being disrupted. Maybe go for a physical to make sure nothing's wrong.
    kmcar529 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2012, 02:33 PM
    I agree with the first answer that you're probably not pregnant. A lot of things can affect a woman's cycle - strenuous exercise, stress, diet change, other medications, etc. By now you would have gotten a positive result, and it's really unlikely that all 3 tests were defective. Just a note, though, they are more accurate if you use the test on the first pee of the day because the hormones are more concentrated.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    You probably aren't pregnant. By 10 days you would have a positive result. There can be other reasons for your cycle being disrupted. Maybe go for a physical to make sure nothing's wrong.
    Actually, dontknownuthin, you're wrong.

At 10 days most women don't get a reliable result on a pregnancy test. Most women don't find out, through a store bought test, that they're pregnant, until well into their first trimester, sometimes even the second.
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
    To the OP (original poster). It may be too early to test. Ten days late can be too early to test. When you took the pregnancy tests did you use first morning urine?

At this point I'd wait until your next period is due. If you miss it than test again, using first morning urine, or see a doctor for a more accurate blood test.

Yes, you could be pregnant. It's definitely a possibility even with 3 negative tests.
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcar529 View Post
    I agree with the first answer that you're probably not pregnant. A lot of things can affect a woman's cycle - strenuous exercise, stress, diet change, other medications, etc. By now you would have gotten a positive result, and it's really unlikely that all 3 tests were defective. Just a note, though, they are more accurate if you use the test on the first pee of the day because the hormones are more concentrated.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

At 10 days late the majority of women will not get an accurate result from a store bought test. It's not that the tests are defective, it's mostly because there's not enough hcg hormone to test, or the test is taken incorrectly.

Fact is, at 10 days late and 3 negative results, it's not at all a sure thing that the OP isn't pregnant. It's still a major possibility. She would be in the majority, and no, she wouldn't necessarily have gotten a positive result at this time. That would put her in the minority.
    kmcar529 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post

At 10 days late the majority of women will not get an accurate result from a store bought test. It's not that the tests are defective, it's mostly because there's not enough hcg hormone to test, or the test is taken incorrectly.

Fact is, at 10 days late and 3 negative results, it's not at all a sure thing that the OP isn't pregnant. It's still a major possibility. She would be in the majority, and no, she wouldn't necessarily have gotten a positive result at this time. That would put her in the minority.
    I think "you couldn't be more wrong" is a bit harsh. Of course, I could be wrong - I accept that possibility in all realms of my life. :-)

I should have asked what type of tests she had used and when. Some of them claim to be accurate in detecting pregnancy even before the period is missed. According to this website (http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/pregnancy-tests.cfm#d) most tests are accurate if you wait at least a week after the period is missed.
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcar529 View Post
    I think "you couldn't be more wrong" is a bit harsh. Of course, I could be wrong - I accept that possibility in all realms of my life. :-)

I should have asked what type of tests she had used and when. Some of them claim to be accurate in detecting pregnancy even before the period is missed. According to this website (http://womenshealth.gov/publications...cy-tests.cfm#d) most tests are accurate if you wait at least a week after the period is missed.
    Don't trust sites you find on the internet. Talk to real people, that have had real experience with this sort of thing.

I have to say, I was one of the rare people that tested a few days after a missed period and got an accurate positive result.

Most women don't.

Many women don't get an accurate result until well into their first trimester, even into their second.

Ten days late is nothing. For the majority of women it's too early to test, even with a blood test done by a doctor.

That's why I said you're wrong. Because you are. I'm sorry if you can't or won't accept that. It wasn't my plan to be harsh, I just post the facts. If someone else posts things that aren't true, I correct it. After all, if the OP wanted a link to tell her what's going on, she can Google and find it herself, and be just as misinformed as most of the people that think the internet is 100% accurate.

If you're going to post on this forum, you have to be accurate. You can't get your info off the internet.

Sadly, the first two posts on this thread told the OP she's not pregnant, which may not be true. The first two posts weren't at all accurate, so she came her for advice, and got bad advice. That's not what we do here, we post facts. If you don't know them because of your own expertise, than do the poster a favor and don't post. Let the people that do know what they're talking about, answer the question.

That's not only directed at you, but also dontknow, who is a long time poster and should know better.

As per site rules I was well within my rights to give both of you a reddie (a disagree), because the info you both posted was not accurate. I chose not to. Next time I will, so that you know that it's not acceptable to post inaccurate info.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2012, 04:07 PM
    You can get false negatives through the first month... but a positive is generally to be believed once you get one.
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You can get false negatives through the first month...but a positive is generally to be believed once you get one.
    So true. False negatives are very common. A false positive is very very rare.

Nov 1, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Okay thank you all still no signs of cramping or anything guess it's a waiting game now but I really appreciate yalls information :) my breast are sore but that normally happens every month for me is there anything I should be looking for to tell one way or the other?

Nov 1, 2012, 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the information :) is there any kind of signs I should look for either way ? My breast are sore but that normally happens every time when I'm suppose to start
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Md91011 View Post
    Okay thank you all still no signs of cramping or anything guess its a waiting game now but I really appreciate yalls information :) my breast are sore but that normally happens every month for me is there anything I should be looking for to tell one way or the other?
    There are only a few things that can tell you one way or another. A period would tell you you're not. A positive pregnancy test would tell you you are. Sadly that's all. There's no way to go by symptoms, because pregnancy symptoms and PMS are almost exact, as is the flu and other things.

You'll have to wait and see. That's the fun of pregnancy, it's a waiting game for everyone. Sucks, because you want to know right away, but it's just not possible.

Wait another week or two and if you haven't gotten your period, test again using first morning urine. If it's negative wait until your next period is due, test if you miss it or get a blood test. That's really all you can do.

Good luck.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2012, 05:45 AM
    There are only a few things that can tell you one way or another. A period would tell you you're not. A positive pregnancy test would tell you you are. Sadly that's all. There's no way to go by symptoms, because pregnancy symptoms and PMS are almost exact, as is the flu and other things.

You'll have to wait and see. That's the fun of pregnancy, it's a waiting game for everyone. Sucks, because you want to know right away, but it's just not possible.

Wait another week or two and if you haven't gotten your period, test again using first morning urine. If it's negative wait until your next period is due, test if you miss it or get a blood test. That's really all you can do.

Good luck.
    Because of something called false periods some women experience... you can't even use a "period" as a certain indicator you aren't pregnant.

Nov 5, 2012, 01:56 PM

Good luck.
    So today I had well I don't know if you would call it discharge or spotting but it was light brown nothing heavy but as of now in 15 days late ! Help anyone??
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Md91011 View Post
    So today I had well I don't know if you would call it discharge or spotting but it was light brown nothing heavy but as of now in 15 days late ! Help anyone ????
    There's still nothing we can do to help. The only way to determine pregnancy is with a pregnancy test, either a urine test you buy at the drug store, a urine test at the doctors office, or a blood test at the doctors office.

Symptoms cannot diagnose pregnancy.

Nov 6, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Blood test taken today should know something tomorrow :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is 10 days late, negative pregnancy test about 3 days ago [ 10 Answers ]

My period is 10 days late, negative pregancy test about 3 days ago... I am just wondering if I am pregnant or not? My husband and I have been trying for about 4 months.. I usually get my period by now.

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

I'm 17 days late and the pregnancy test comes out negative [ 1 Answers ]

I've always had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. But I never really thought of getting pregnant because I never got pregnant no matter how many times he came in me, but now he's not here anymore he's been away for like 2 weeks. My last period was one June 19th my breast are starting to get...

I'm about 3 days late and my pregnancy test have been negative [ 0 Answers ]

Am I testing to early? I have felt all symptoms. No light discharge or bleeding, breasts are swollen/tender, abdominal bloating/pelvic cramping. Queasy a bit only in am and frequent urination, no nausea/vomting/food cravings. We have been trying last couple of months. I'm pretty good on my diet...

9 days late negative house pregnancy test and negative blood test [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 9 days late on my period took 2 pregnancy home test and came out negative took a blood test 3 days after the last pregnancy test came out negative... could I still be pregnant??

View more questions Search