Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rimmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 01:16 PM
    How to get a start
    Hi,

I am desperately in need of a job. I don't have much job experience & also don't know which career to pursue. I have applied for several junior level jobs but most of them ask for experiences. Please, Can anybody tell me how to get a first start? I really want to work.
    But don't know what to do? How to start? Where to start? Can anybody help me with your ideas & suggestions...

Thanks,
    Rimmi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Let me see where to you live, the US.

Post a resure on every internet web site that lists jobs.

Register with the unemployment office ( employment security office)

Get out the help wanted and apply at every job ( not several) you need to be applying at several jobs a day.
    angel23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 03:20 PM
    This is not only your problem several thousands are daily facing with the same problem. Hence, I can understand you well. I think better way to start a career, is to increase your network, have as many contacts, meet different people of same interest. May be that might help you to get a good start. But most importantly, you need to figure out what you want to be, what you are interested in, I know this is the most hardest & toughest part for one who has no idea what to do? But you must think,think,think am sure you will one day know what you want to be.
    Then once you know & understand what keeps you interesting.. then proceed for it. Post your resume to various jobsites. Call people & tell them about your interest. Make friends who also have the same interest. Discuss with them & get some ideas, who knows when it might click & which friend might be of great help. Go for it.
    Hope, my little advice would have helped you to some extent.

Wishing you for good luck!

Thanks,
    angel23:)
    dflak Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rimmi
    Hi,

I am desperately in need of a job. I don't have much job experience & also don't know which career to pursue. I have applied for several junior level jobs but most of them ask for experiences. Please, Can anybody tell me how to get a first start? I really want to work.
    But don't know what to do? How to start? Where to start? can anybody help me with your ideas & suggestions....

Thanks,
    Rimmi
    Every state has a Joblink Program. Do a Google search on "joblink" to find the center nearest you. Joblink is tax-dollar funded (for once I agree with how the Government is spending my money) and is a free service to the job seeker.

Job link will train you how to organize a job search, and has a whole host of services including personality tests to see what kinds of jobs best suit you, training on how to write a resume, sample resumes and cover letters, training on interviewing skills, and even funding for job training.

Carpe Diem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Start? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have been assigned a project in which I have got to perform some activities. The first activity I have been assigned is Activity 1: Develop a list of ways to ask good research questions. In this activity you will examine ways to pose good research questions and create a list of...

I don't know where to start [ 1 Answers ]

My daugther had a beautiful baby about 4 yrs ago, I have been raising him since birth. I want to adopt him, she has agreed, What do I do now? And is it Expensive? Is there any financial help out there?

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

Start a new with my ex [ 3 Answers ]

First off, thank you to anyone who reads this, it is greatly appreciated. I dated this guy for a year, and we broke up about a month ago. He was an amazing boyfriend--everything I've ever wanted and more, but because he spoiled me so much... I kind of took him for granted (which I didn't realize...

View more questions Search