Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinilou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 06:05 PM
    How to repair nutone doorbell
    Door bell button on Nutone system lights but when pressed goes out and no chime heard. What gives?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Somewhere on a wall is the chime itself. Lift off the cover and you will see a plunger rod with a spring, 2 if you have a front and back chime. I would guess that the rod(s) is gummed up. Have someone press the door button. Do the rods try to retract and hit the chime bar? If it is trying to move, clean them with a little WD 40 and put it back. If you do not see the rods move at all, the transformer could be bad. Honestly, a new replacement unit is easier to do then messing with an old one and they are $20 or less for a basic model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutone Door Chime [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I was given an old Nutone 4 Chime that has stopped working - just a low hum and slight movement of the coils. There is NO model number on the chime, only the Nutone name. Does anyone have any information on this chime? Looking for a wiring diagram and or parts list. This model has a...

Repair switch or nutone door bell [ 5 Answers ]

I have an aging nutone doorbell that suddenly stopped working. I don't know whether the switch on the door is broken or the doorbell is. I disconnected the wires from the switch and touched them together but nothing happened. How can I be sure the door bell is broken?

Nutone AC? [ 0 Answers ]

I want to replace my 3 ton system, what do you guy's think of Nutone AC System, Have not heard of this AC before?

Where to buy a capacitor for my Nutone Vent Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I had a power surge that blew my capacitor on my BRaun/Nutone vent fan. Nobody will sell me the capacitor, but for $129, they will all sell me a motor that I don't need. Anyone have tips on how to get just the capacitor? It bolts right on to the fan motor on the outside. Fan model # is...

Nutone door chimes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a c62 canterbury door chime with the clock, which is not working, I would like to have an address where I can have repair, or to have some part; please give an address, I am living near montreal que. My name is claude filion, and my...

View more questions Search