Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanmatt Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Would you call your ex on their birthday?
    Hi all,

I was called by my ex, who replaced me with a her old friend in our breakup, for my birthday. Truthfully I wish she just texted me a greeting rather than call and make a long conversation about how our lives are nowadays. I am now dating someone and just when I spoke to her I know deep inside I'm not over her completely. Was it because it was my birthday that I'm so used to being with her for the past 5 years I got confused all of a sudden maybe I'm just nostalgic.

Would you call to greet your ex on their birthday? If yes why and how? If no why? Does it have any other meaning or just my birthday.

Thanks.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 05:27 AM
    My ex-wife and I still recognize each others birthday with a text or email. In fact her's was just last Saturday. There is never a motive behind it either as we have both moved on. I would assume your ex was just being friendly, which isn't a bad thing at all.
    Yogapple Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Oct 30, 2012, 08:13 AM
    I think she still loves you/ & considers you to be someone that really meant something to her.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
    I see no harm in telling her that you would prefer that she not call you because it was confusing and stirred up emotions. If she really has moved on, she should respect that request. If she is sending out feelers, then she now knows where you stand. If you have no desire to rekindle the relationship, say that too. There's no point in a lot of tiptoeing.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Would you call to greet your ex on their birthday? if yes why and how? if no why? Does it have any other meaning or just my birthday.
    Never. If there was emotional attachment, even if I had gotten over my ex, I still keep my distance. Because I can never be 100% sure they are over me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
    If you cannot handle old stirred up feelings then don't do it. Just because you have old stirred up feeling doesn't mean you are not over them enough to go on with your life, and be happy.

Old feelings and memories will haunt us forever, just don't dwell on them, let them pass by dealing with the reality of NOW, and tomorrow.
    stanmatt Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Thanks all, I just got back over analyzing stuff even now that I found a new great girl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good birthday present for a 21st birthday? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my current boyfriend is 20 years old. I am very undecisive on what to give him for his birthday. His is going to turn 21 and there thing he could do but I can't yet. Any advice.

Should you call your ex on his birthday [ 5 Answers ]

He has'nt been the best boyfriend, he stood me up. He broke it off indirectly, I generally felt disregarded, his birthday is next week but I don't know if I should call him

Overwhelming desire to call my ex and wish her a Happy Birthday! [ 12 Answers ]

It is my ex's birthday and I keep thinking I should call or text and wish her a Happy Birthday. I have had NC for 7 months now, never really come close to breaking it, but I am wondering if a quick text would be polite? Any thoughts would be appreciated?

View more questions Search